Wednesday, September 28, 2005

A Free Trip Wasted

Normally I like getting wasted on business trips, this trip is different thanks to this lingering sickness.

Vanderbilt Wins The "Most Annoying" Award
Somebody buy this campus some fucking signs already! Driving to the parking garage was an exercise in circumnavigation because there were no street signs anywhere. The crude map provided was of marginal help as well.

Then there was the parking garage itself. We were directed to park in the "Visitor's Section", fair. However, the entrance I first entered had no "Visitor's Section." I was forced to exit the parking garage and enter through another entrance. I saw the sign for the Visitor's Section in which none of the spots were labelled. It gets better. This lot was to cost $5 a day for parking. However, when I tried to leave there was no one inside the booth. There was a permanent-sign that said "Drop Ticket In Box And Gate Will Open." This seemed odd since I was supposed to pay. Oh well, free parking afterall.

Wal*Mart Prose
From one of the authors found in the bathroom of a Tennessee Wal*Mart at which I had to stop for a Nature Break -- "The Hangman Shit Here." Silly Hangman, once you have completed your shit you have shat. I must take off five points for grammar, please return and correct your graffiti.

Kismet
While sitting in this Nashville hotel I just received an email for the Country Music Half Marathon. How did they know I was here? :)

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - still under the weather :(
Current Music - none
Website Of The Day - You should always think about backups. At SunkenCity they show you a way to back up your Flickr photos.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Yesterday's Exercise (b)Log - nothing

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]