Friday, October 07, 2005

Oh The Places I Will Go

If Only I Was To Get Paid For Being At All These
Wow, do I have a weekend of festivites planned.

Tonight's double-bill features an early-evening birthday party for two of my friends. After the party I'll be headed to The EARL for yet another A Fir-Ju Well show. What can I say, I like these guys and as long as I can see them on the cheap, I will. [btw- they will be one of the bands playing the Paste Rock 'n Reel, so perhaps you should consider going that as well].

Saturday morning I'll be volunteering for one of my favorite organizations, Trees Atlanta. Trees Atlanta will be holding their sixth annual Tree Sale in Piedmont Park from 8am-2pm. If you are looking for nice, quality trees to plant, this is the place to go -- get there early.

Saturday will be a hashing day. Two of my hoodlum friends will be laying trail near East Atlanta. I've deemed this to be the "Two Wrongs Make It Right" hash (btw- I know you both read this, it's a joke) as they each experienced a bit of a mishap the last time they each laid trail.

Sunday, SUNday, SUNDAY!!! Falcons football versus the World Champion New England Patriots. Sadly, the only thing that could ruin this game is the news that Michael Vick may not be able to play.

I should be sufficiently tired by Monday.

Local, Lo Lo Lo Lo Local
I had a great dinner last night at The Local with my friend Kat. It has been years since I've been to The Local. The food (a plate of bbq pork) was fantastic, however the smoke and loud noise dampen my desire to go back any time soon.

I've Lost That iTunes Feeling
I am more than a bit frustrated with iTunes podcast features. Besides, I am looking to move my podcasts to my pda instead of my iPod (don't ask, there is scant logic behind this decision).

I know that there are two other popular RSS aggregators for podcast downloading, iPodder Lemon and iPodderX. Does anyone have compelling reasons why I should choose one of these over iTunes?

My Onion Envy
I've always wanted to be funny. Chicks dig guys that can make them laugh, right? Shit, even Patton Oswalt found a woman to marry him. Here is my Friday attempt at funny... (btw- as far as I know this is an orignal, if not let me know and I will out myself as a hack)

Area Man Sued By RIAA

ATLANTA, GA - Area man, Peter Sclofitz, has been sued by the Recording Industry Association of America for downloading songs to his head. Using a technique once known as "memorizing", Sclofitz has been repeatedly listening to the songs featured on the weekly "Billboard's Top 100 Airplay" chart in hopes of being able to sing them any time they are played on the radio. RIAA representive Seth Caughman said that this practice of "memorization" has been stealing the food from artists' plates for years and must be stopped. Quoting Caughman
"We can't have people think that they can freely memorize songs they've heard on the radio. If they can memorize them, they will never buy them! Besides, what if this Sclofitz wacko was to go at teach these memorized songs to his friends? They would never purchase the music either! My sales would be so low that I'd have to sell my silver Mercedes! How I am supposed to live with just the black one? Answer me THAT!"
And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - frideh
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, channel 26 playing Pavement -- "In The Mouth A Desert"
Website Of The Day - Remember how I thought about getting Netflix again? Here's a blog that puts some numbers behind whether or not you should subscribe to Netflix.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Yesterday's Exercise (b)Log - nothing

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]