Thursday, September 29, 2005

One Night In Nashville

Blogger keeps stealing my text, so if this entry sounds odd you know why. Seriously, I started typing drunk but now it's Thurdsay morning and I am completely sober.

Here is my night in a nutshell. Long time readers may see a behavioral pattern when I visit Nashville. Deal with it...

Jack's BBQ
With a return of appetite it was time to eat at Jack's BBQ.



beer consumed: one Sam Adams

The Beer Sellar
Every time I come to Nashville I see the sign for the Beer Sellar. Ninety-nine beers they claim. Why have I not gone in? This trip would be different, I'd venture in. I was not disappointed.



beer consumed: one Arrogant Bastard Ale

Robert's Western World
What's a trip to Nashville without stopping at Robert's Western World? I swear the same band is playing there every time I enter. However, that's not a bad thing because I think that those guys are really good.



beer consumed: one Miller High Life ($2.50)

The Bluegrass Inn
Next door: the Bluegrass Inn. I entered at a bad time, during band changes. However, it gave my and my coworker Joe a chance to chat about Nashville and to exchange jabs with the "first day" bartender from the mean streets of Charlotte, Jesse.



Jesse was mad (at least in one five minute period) with the two women from Milwaukee next to us because they were not tipping. We overheard Jesse telling the ladies to avoid Tootsie's Orchid Lounge.

beer consumed: one Miller High Life ($3.25)

And Finally, Tootsie's Orchid Lounge
You should have seen this coming right. I hear "don't go to Tootsie's Orchid Lounge" and were to I go? Tootsie's Orchid Lounge.



Truth be told I like Tootsie's. It was the first bar I encountered on my first trip to Nashville. Of the bands I heard last night the guys jamming on the cramped stage at Tootsie's were the best. The lead singer looked like Carrot Top, but that sonna bitch could sing and play a mean harmonica. It was time to go when they finished their set.

beer consumed: one Miller High Life ($4.50! I think she ripped me off)

I'm Going To Eat At The Pie Wagon
My hotel room is in eyesight of the Pie Wagon, which I have found out is a breakfast/lunch restaurant. I first saw the Pie Wagon when I ran by it on the half-marathon. For some reason the name makes me laugh, and therefore I must eat there this morning.

beer consumed: none, it's breakfast

And then I drive back to Atlanta...

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - turning the corner thanks to meds :)
Current Music - none
Website Of The Day - Maigh calls the Macintosh a paperweight; I call mine the laptop that will keep me from looking like the hunchback of Notre Dame. I think I'll spend tomorrow downloading software to my friend the iBook by using Wikitosh's Must Have Mac Software.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Yesterday's Exercise (b)Log - nothing

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]