Wednesday, October 05, 2005

East Atlanta: Land Of The Inked

A Funny Thing Happened On My Way Home
Driving home the other day I noticed that East Atlanta has gotten its third tattoo parlor. They sit at the triangular pivots of the village, so hopefully there will be little tattoo gang wars occurring.

I mistakingly thought that the idea of tattooing oneself was a fad which was passing.

I've never understood the desire to tattoo one's body. I think that the human form when properly shaped is most beautiful in its natural form. Eh, just call me a crotchity old man.

Crazy Training (Almost)
I almost became Mr. Commuter yesterday. Afterwork I was planning on heading toward Decatur so the thought of taking the train to Decatur, running errands on foot, and then taking the train to my car popped into my head. For no better reason than laziness I bailed on that idea at the last moment and hopped out of the train at my originally scheduled stop so that I could drive over to Decatur. A bad citizen am I.

Another Weekend Booked
Yesterday I found out two interesting factsThe Rock 'n Reel Festival is going to be held on October 22nd and 23rd. As the name suggests there will be bands playing and movies shown all weekend long. Check out the website for more details.

I bought the weekend pass for $25 at Decatur CD last night (it was new music Tuesday, I had to go there).

While at Decatur CD I also bought the Rilo Kiley cd "More Adventurous." I had previously heard two or three songs from the disc but had no idea the entire thing was so fucking good. Yeah I know, I've already missed their two Atlanta performances this year-- shame on me.

I'm (No Longer) An Angel (Customer)
After perusing Decatur CD I decided I was in the mood to drink a beer and eat some fish 'n chips. Luckily, or so I thought at the time, The Angel is just a block away from Decatur CD, and it offered free WiFi. I walked down to satisy my craving.

I ordered a Fuller's ESB and the fish 'n chips and pulled out my iBook. The first problem arose when I wasn't able to connect to the internet. How do I contact IT at a bar? I leaned over to the guy next to me who was on his computer and asked for his help. He told me that when I connected I'd be taken to a website and could create a free account. Unfortunately, that never happened for me. Unable to figure out how to get to this mysterious site I gave up.

Even more to my dismay was my food order. It arrived as a mound of fries (chips) and two planks of fish topping them. The fish was not low quality Mrs. Paul's fishsticks, but it was certainly not worth the $11.00(!) I was charged. I could not cry foul because the menu said I was to get fish 'n chips, and I got fish 'n chips. They were just not the fish 'n chips of my dreams.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - eh
Current Music - This Week In Tech podcast, Episode #25
Website Of The Day - Some people say this site defines me, I say "Fuck Off!" -- SlackerManager.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Yesterday's Exercise (b)Log - nothing

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]