Friday, September 16, 2005

For The Love Of God Man

The title has no relevance to anything in this post. It just happened to be the first phrase that popped into my mind, so it became the title.

Get Your Ass In The Kitchen!
For this little camping outing I will be doing this weekend I have offered to help with the cooking. I learned to cook years ago in order to impress women (seemed like a good idea back then), so I've got some skillz. What I didn't expect to happen was to be assigned something that I have never before attempted-- cheesy grits with andouille sausage, covered with a crawfish sauce.

Now is when My Cousin Vinny should be starting to play in your head.

The first task which proved challenging was finding grits in the grocery store. It seemed logical to me that it would be by the flour and cornmeal, but no matter how many times I scanned that section I couldn't find it. I literally had to walk up and down all of the food aisles in order to find them (I figured that they might be with the oatmeal since most people eat them for breakfast, but I couldn't find that section either).

The next challenge was making the grits cakes (grit cakes?). The recipe as provided would supply six servings, I was going to attempt to triple this. I've found in the past that doubling recipes can be tricky, so tripling one made me a bit nervous. I think that it will be delicious, but I am only done with the first part of the recipe. The remaining cooking of them will occur on site. Besides what do I know, I've never eaten grits before.

I'll give an update on Monday. :)

And Then A Large Anvil Will Fall Upon My Head
Tonight I am going to a little gettogher at an art gallery called Alcove for a show called Cartoon Madness. The show consists of works done by artists from Cartoon Network. And we all know that I am nothing if not a whore for the Turner Empire.

25% Off Is Simply Criminal
I received an email yesterday from Criminal Records alerting me that they are going to have a sale this weekend to celebrate their anniversary. I know that if I was going to be in town I'd be shopping there this weekend. I advise you to do it in my place (and buy a few things that I need in my collection 'cause Christmas is right around the corner, you know).

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - glad the weekend is nearly here
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Sufjan Stevens -- "Chicago"
Website Of The Day - Got a Flickr account? Want to put a frame around your pictures? Then try FlickrFrame.

btw- if you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged".

Yesterday's Exercise (b)Log - nothing, no time

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]