Wednesday, September 21, 2005

On The Road Again

Today's destination is Clemson, South Carolina.

My Dear Love, Netflix
Oh Netflix,

You and I were dear lovers once, exchanging deliveries many times a month. Then the relationship got stale. It was not you, it was me. I was the one neglecting the movies, finding them on shelves, unopened, unloved. I was not worthy of your attention. Then as if to tell me it was time to "fish or cut bait" you raised your rates. I had to call it quits, and you were a gentle sweetheart letting me go with little fanfare and hatred.

Over the last year you have contacted me on rare occassion. Nice letters. Nice offers. I turned my head saying "Not Now" and "It's Still Too Soon."

You're letter the other day touched me deeply. $7.99 a month for the first three months? I've since noticed that you've once again lowered your price to a $17.99 a month. Hmmm, you look very attractive to me again. Could I convince you to add UMD movies so that we could fool around with a Playstation Portable? No? Oh, you are such a fickle bitch.

You've given me to the end of the month and the best I can say right now is "Maybe, baby. Maybe"

Tabernacling
From the worst seat in the house I watched and listened to Keane last night. Well, it wasn't the worst seat, just the one furthest from the stage.

When Keane launched into "Somewhere Only We Know" I immediately started to chuckle. With Paul McCartney performing a mere few hundred yards away I simply couldn't get the Keane v. Paul McCartney mashup "Let Keane In" (mp3) off my mind.

Gentlemen, if you have skills let me tell you that a Keane concert is a target-rich environment. I will assume that Coldplay's show next week will also be well attended by the ladies. Go, do what I am unable to do, meet the women.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - okay
Current Music - none, I am not in the office
Website Of The Day - Think you could build an awesome South Park character? Try your luck at the South Park Studio version 2.0.

btw- if you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Yesterday's Exercise (b)Log - an hour's walk

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]