Thursday, September 15, 2005

GOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLL!!!!!

How Many Bloggers Does It Take...?
Last night's blogger meetup at the Brewhouse was a smashing success. The attendance was larger than I think any previous meetup (not being the statistician I can only guess), and included two dogs (of the canine variety, some of the bloggers may also be "dogs", but who am I to judge).

Unfortunately I have one problem with large turnouts, I can't mingle for shit. It has never been one of my good attributes (and I wonder why I remain single?). However, I finally got to meet Fat Asian Baby because one of the few openings at the table was near me.

Seen On The Marta
A woman carrying a fishing pole and a small styrofoam cooler. I kid you not! I want to know where this woman was going to go fishing once she got off the train. Unfortunately I somehow didn't see at which station she got off, if I had to guess it would have been Linbergh.

Missed It By That Much
On my way into work today I started listening to the podcasts from CMJ which are being put out by KEXP; these podcasts consist of live in-studio performances. This morning I heard a band called Hopewell that I enjoyed very much. Having thought I recognized the name, the first thing I did when I arrived at work (ok, second thing after getting coffee) was look up ther touring schedule. I recognized their name alright, because they played in Atlanta last month. Arrrgh!!!

Blame Canada
Over the last two weeks I have been getting my geek on again by watching Call For Help on G4 (booo hiss).

Call For Help used to be on TechTV (R.I.P) and when TechTV was consumed by G4 it went away (at least here in the United States, but remained in Canada and Australia). Two weeks ago it returned in the States (actually they are two-month old reruns of Canadian broadcasts), but I don't care, because it makes me happy. Not only does it give some decent information about computers, but it also features All-American Girl Amber MacArthur, who I guess is really more of an All-Canadian Girl now that I think about it.

If Amber's name seems somewhat familiar it might be because you followed my link to her vidcast called CommandN.

TV, Hey That Sounds Fun!
The Fall Season has begun. Sadly, my DVR somehow missed the season premiere of Family Guy. Arggh! (boy do I wish I could get that bittorrent stuff going now).

Tonight marks the return of Survivor (yeah, I still watch -- what's it to you?). This season they will be getting it on in Guatemala. I might not stick it out through the entire season, but I'll be giving it a view tonight.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - ok, but have so many things to do on my only "free" night this week.
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Ween -- "It's Gonna Be A Long Night"
Website Of The Day - BackPack It is a web-based organizer (planner, if you will). It's not free, but I have heard good things about it. Could this be a tool I used to get my shit together again? Stay tuned to find out...

btw- if you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged".

Yesterday's Exercise (b)Log - nothing, no time

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]