Monday, May 09, 2005

Oh Brother, What A Mother's Day Weekend

My Credo
I must not drink and eat so much.
I must not drink and eat so much.
I MUST not drink and eat so much.

I know, I sound like a fucking broken record...

The Number Of The Count Is Three
I'll blame Mother's Day on the fact that only two people showed up to the weekly Sunday Morning Running group. Sure, I gave forewarning that no grand breakfast was to be made this time, that could have hurt attendance as well. I am certain that there is no boycott on me, for I am a wonderful host. (read "I always have plenty of alcohol on hand") :)

My prelaid courses (one five-plus miles, the other six-plus miles) took the three of us through some of Atlanta's finest transitional neighborhoods. Last time I hosted we went to Grant Park, this time I kept us on the 'other' side of the tracks. Back at the house we were joined immediately by another of the group who ran solo and the drinking began. Bulova watch time of first drink was around 10:30-11:00am. Some time around 1:30-2:00pm a trek up to Grant Central East was made so that we could have pizza (and another beer). Sometime around 3:30pm two more of the weekly regulars came over to the house (ok, we had been badgering them with drunk phone calls all afternoon). More beer was consumed. The group disbanded sometime around 4:30-5:00pm. I crashed on the couch for the remainder of the evening.

Dude, Where's My Car
As we went in the rear entrance of Grant Central East we all commented on a less-than-perfect car which was parked right next to the entrance. It was your typical "hood" classic (Chevy Impala type) which was getting restored while the owner used it for his commute. When we left GC East the owner of the car was on the phone; he went on to tell us that someone stole his car. I contend that it may have been towed, but this is my neighborhood so it may have well been stolen.

Sprint PCS, Showing Me The Love
After my rant last week I decided to let Sprint PCS know how unpleased I was with the ringer I downloaded. Well wouldn't you know, within twenty-four hours I received an email which detailed how to get a refund on purchases. Nice. Mea culpa, Sprint PCS.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - bloated and whooped, too much drinking again!
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Husker Du -- "Makes No Sense At All"
Website Of The Day - Here is an interesting art project going on in Nova Scotia. It's called 100 Pieces.

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]