Thursday, January 27, 2005

Free To A Good Home

My officemates kill me sometimes. Our breakroom table has become the land of the "free to a good home", and I am afraid that I am one of the people who started it.

I am notorious for bringing in party leftovers -- pretzels, chips, etc -- so that they get out of my house before I can eat them all. As was to be expected, other people started doing the same. I used to joke that I could bring in chocolate covered turds and by noon they would all be eaten.

But then something happened...

Food someone how turned into "Whatever I don't want, I'll bring into the office. Certainly, someone will want it." Over the last six months our breakroom table has seen the following items offered up
- drinking glasses
- a wreath made of sticks
- headphones
- computer games
- an executive desk dartboard game
- deodorant, thankfully unused
- diapers, thankfully unopened
- expired aspirin (yes, expired!)
- a sheet of paper (ok, this was a joke by me. I wrote "Free piece of paper, please take" on a sheet of paper just to see if anyone would take it. I think someone threw it away)

Amazing! Anyone have suggestions as to what I should try putting on the table? I'd love to hear them. Keep in mind I am not willing to do anything that will get me fired. :)

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - dazed and confused
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio channel 26, playing The Faint
Current Read - looking for a new read

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]