Friday, January 14, 2005

This Keyboard Is Loaded, And I'm Not Afraid To Use It

It's a Friday morning ramble kids. Put your seatbelts on.

It Was A Meal. It Was An Awesome Meal!
Yesterday my coworker David and I set out for lunch with no idea where we were headed. This is not unusual. Normally I am 100% sold on trying a new (at least to me) restaurant, especially when the cuisine is "ethnic." But yesterday, David had to twist my arm to visit this new tacqueria [whose name escapes me -- I'll find it later] near the office. I am so glad that he did.

At first, the outing was a comedy of errors. The waitstaff and chef spoke virtually no english, the patrons (David and me) spoke very little (awkward) spanish. Through hand and facial gestures we managed to order -- thankfully avoiding tripe and tongue. The waitress came to the table once and apparently offered to open a bottle of water and pour it into my cup. I understood nothing of what she said; I felt like such an ignorant American.

This meal rocked! Seriously, I could have recreated Meg Ryan's fake orgasm in "When Harry Met Sally". There is no doubt in my mind that I shall return, only next time with someone who speaks spanish. This place will hamper my "20 by 40" goal, however.

Rock -> Paper -> Scissors
Exercise (paper) lost to socializing (rock) when I received a call to play trivia last night. "Meet The Hashers", playing under the pseudonym "Meghan's Problem Table" kicked butt in the inaugural Team Trivia event at Raging Burrito in Decatur. We were in first place by twenty-one points going into the final question, whose maximum point value under Team Trivia's rules is fifteen. Needless to say, we won!

Epilogue
  1. Meghan was the lovely, yet sassy waitress putting up with our crap last night
  2. I'm still miffed that Raging Burrito closed its midtown location a few years ago
  3. If we play there again I want the team name to be "Lesbian Love Gods"
"It Looks Good On You"
I got my hair cut yesterday (one of those "nobody else but me will know" ones). It was the first time that my hairstylist has seen me bearded. Yes, she too complimented me on its appearance. As for the question "Does he color it?" Only my hairstylist will know...

The Sound Of Silence
This is all you will hear out of the Echo Lounge. Much to my dismay I found out that the Echo Lounge closed its doors last Saturday. Granted, the owner was dumb and ran the place illegally under the wrong liquor license warranting its closure, but live music is the one thing that keeps East Atlanta cool. Yes, we still have The Earl, but we need another quality venue. Hopefully someone with vision will swoop in and reopen the space.

Websites Of The Week (my name is Paulie and I have endorsed this message)
Here are some websites that I have visited during the week
  • The Onion: Read It! Love It! Live It! You'll be a better person for doing so.
  • Cheese Racing: This site is dumb, but is so out there that I must mention it.
  • PodFly: I am getting ready for the arrival of my iPod.
And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - spent
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio Channel 26, playing Elliot Smith
Current Read - the owner's manual to my digital camera (still? Yes, still.)

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]