Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Music To My Ears

Before I begin, I forgot yesterday's Tuesday's Toy segment
The toy for this week is one I currently own, my Samsung A680 cellphone with Sprint PCS service. Normally I'd gripe about my phone, and Sprint's normally crappy cell service (especially in the hood), but this time it made my life tolerable. With some network issues recently my cellphone was the only tool I could use to check personal email, aka "my lifeline." Now if I could only figure out how to Instant Message better...

The Big Rip
No, it is not my pants ripping due to weight gain! I have finally finished converting my CD collection to mp3s. All Ye who want to rant that mp3s are evil and should be illegal can relax, I own all of the CDs that I ripped. The final tally? Nearly 20Gig of music. My iPod holds 20Gig of music as well? Coincedence? Could be....

Second Spins
Because I had time to kill before going out for yesterday's birthday celebration at The Patio, and because I apparently needed more music to rip, I went to one of my favorite used CD stores, Ella Guru last night. I can never seem to leave there with fewer than two purchases. Last night being no different, saw me purchase "Who's Next" by The Who (replacing one of the CDs that went "missing" when my car was stolen last year) and "Give Up" by The Postal Service.

Where The Boys (And Girls) Are
Upon leaving The Patio (did I mention that they have all-you-can eat pizza and salad, and $2 draft beers on Tuesdays?) we headed over to Moe's & Joe's in Virginia-Highlands. Anybody need a twenty-two year old, or a pitcher of PBR for less than $4? Moe's & Joe's on Tuesday night is the place for you -- I couldn't get out of there quickly enough. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the human anatomy in its 20-25 year-old period as much as the next guy, but at this point in my life (read "age") looking at women of that age range is only window shopping.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - I *still* need a fortune cookie
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio channel 26, playing Keane
Current Read - my PDA User's Guide

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]