Friday, January 21, 2005

How Did It Get To Be Friday?

It's Fridaypalooza!!!

"So, Why Do You Want To Hire Mexicans?"
Because I was running late this morning; because today is Friday (and I miss my Fridays off); because I needed coffee; because I wanted to say hello to the lovely Ellen who works there, I stopped in at Joe's Coffee Shop on my way to work.

While leaving I heard a man ask the question which inspired the title. It made me laugh. I only wish the other man's answer was "Because I am opening a Mexican restaurant, stupid."

Re-nauguration Day
The word "freedom" was included twenty-five times in the President's Inaguration speech yesterday (and "liberty" was used seventeen). [thanks to The Daily Show with Jon Stewart for supplying those stats] It's no secret that I have never been a fan of the Presidential Bushes. So, my one shot is "Hey Mr. President, I'd like the freedom of knowing that there will be Social Security for me when I retire (around 2030). Get this country's shit together!" *** stepping down from soapbox ***

All Wound Up With Nowhere To Go
It would have been the perfect night to go out and run, pounding my frustrations into the ground with every stride, except for one thing -- I really didn't want to be around anyone.

It would have been the perfect night to get plastered, except for one thing -- I really needed the exercise.

It became the perfect night to ride indoors, unfortunately I could only muster up thirty minutes of riding.

Must See TV
Staying at home does provide ample quality time for watching the telly. Here are some shows that I enjoy.
  • Look Around You: This is a bizarre 10-15 minute program on BBC America. My best description of the show is that it mimics the 1950's - 1960's science films shown to me in elementary school, with the exception that the 'facts' in Look Around You are completely whacked. For some reason it didn't air last night. Rats!
  • Good Eats: Having met and worked with Alton Brown (sorry for the self-promotion, I needed the pick-me-up) this has long been a favorite ITP. Alton's science is far more reliable than that of Look Around You, and the results are edible. Yum!
  • TV Funhouse: A short-lived "variety" show on Comedy Central. It was an expanded version of the segments that were on Saturday Night Live.
That's Incredible!
You would think that by now I would have seen The Incredibles in the theater. Hell, I have referenced this movie at least twice in the past two months. Nope, instead I have gone and done a complete 180 and have pre-ordered it for when it comes out on dvd in March. I've waited this long, what's another two months, right?

Websites Of The Week (my name is Paulie and I have endorsed this message)
Here are some websites that I have visited during the week
And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - frustrated
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio Channel 26, playing The Mooney Suzuki
Current Read - nothing today (still -- starting again tomorrow)

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]