Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Not Feeling The href Love Today

This post is almost completely devoid of hyperlinks. Why? Because I am lazy.

Trivia Interruptus
Well, the plan was to have Meet The Hashers meet up and play trivia at the newly-relocated Johnny's Pizza in the Old Fourth Ward last night. That plan lasted all of one and one-half question, at least for me. The trivia hostess had a mirade of microphone issues and I couldn't be bothered to stay all night and watch her attempt to troubleshoot her problems, so I left.

The new Johnny's location, formerly occupied by Jake's Ice Cream, is a maze of small, connected rooms which, at least until the weather is suitable for patio sitting, is not very conducive to larger groups; Meet The Hashers usually averages eight players.

How Would You Shoot This Differently?
The answers "Why bother." or "Throw it out." are not the sort of criticism I seek here. I think this could be a rather interesting shot, but I don't think that I've executed it perfectly. I can easily get back to this location for a re-shoot, I'm seeking some advice as to what I should do differently next time.

A Gas Pipe Organ

I was trying to capture the series of gas pipes in the image as if they part of a grand pipe organ found in cathedrals.

The Wasting Is The Hardest Part
Admittedly my weight-loss program is not a smashing success. I love to eat (and drink beer, but that's a different posting). One of the things that was drilled into my head by depression-era parents is that food is sacred and should not be wasted. I was trained to "clean my plate" and to "take what you can eat, and eat what you take." On the surface this seems like sound advice.

This morning I stopped at Joe's coffee (yes, Ellen was working), and picked up a blueberry muffin in addition to my morning coffee. The muffin was your typical repackaged Mondo Muffin from Sam's Club or Costco. After eating about two-thirds of the muffin I smooshed the rest into the cling wrap and tossed it into the trash. I felt the wrath of my mother's voice asking me why I was wasting food as I did so.

Mental conditioning, it's not just for breakfast any longer.

It's A New Music Tuesday
What happens when Jack White and Brendon Benson form a side-project group? I select their release as my "CD Pick of the Week", that's what. The newly-formed project known as "The Raconteurs" have a cd in stores today called "Broken Boy Soldiers".

Tessa over at Drive A Faster Car posted some 411 and a link to one of the songs on this cd in this here post. Check it out. Go ahead, I know that you want to...

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - fair (which if you've been paying attention is a 30-day high)
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio Channel 26, playing Mates Of State -- "Fraud In The '80s"
Website Of The Day - At Johnny's trivia we can earn an extra five points if we can identify a movie scene in which the actors' images have been removed. Think you want to give it a shot? Swing by FilmWise and give it a shot.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - nuttin'

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]