Monday, May 08, 2006

I Was On Exile Island This Weekend

I am starting to understand trolls. Not the internet variety, but rather the trolls that live alone under bridges. This weekend I was hardpressed to go out and be around people. I'd tell you why, but then you'd probably want $125/hr to read my blog and frankly I can't bring myself to pay it.

I overcame my reclusiveness by having lunch with a friend on Saturday on Saturday at Neighbors in VaHi, having brunch with the running group on Sunday (weather made "run & brunch" just "brunch") and then having corned beef at Twain's on Sunday. Other than that I was home, catching up on recorded programs, surfing the internets.

GrrrDaddy
Last night I tried to register a domain from GoDaddy. I chose GoDaddy because they advertise on (sponsor?) many of the podcasts that I listen to, and each of these podcasts usually has a discount code. The last time I tried this (registering eatlga.com) I had difficulty getting their website to apply the discount. It appeared that the site recognized the code I entered, and then completely ignored it by showing a discount of $.00. To get the problem rectified I had to send an email to the person whose podcast I received the code so that they could inform GoDaddy of the problem.

Last night I had the same difficulty. WTF GoDaddy?!? Are you hoping that consumers won't notice and complete the order without the discount, or are you developers so incompetent that they cannot get this to work?

If you have a better registrar suggestion, please send it to me or leave a comment.

Framing The Art That Exists Outside The Museum
This is the only picture that I took inside the High (using the pocket point-and-shoot) that came out half decently.

View From The High

Is There Such A Thing As "Photographers' Block"?
I have heard of Writers' Block, the inability to think of anything to write when you have something to submit. I am suffering the same fate on the photography side right now. All weekend long I looked for images that would satisfy the word list that I posted on Friday. Nothing! Man this really blows. I am feeling so uncreative at the moment.

Ending On A Positive Note
One of the programs I watched over the weekend mentioned a Windows program that makes it possible to play the songs resident on your iPod through a computer. The program is called PodPlayer. I've not yet had the opportunity to try it because all of the PCs at my house have access to my iTunes library directly. However, I intend to give it a shot when I drag the Windows laptop out into the "real world." When I do, I'll give you all an update.

For those Mac users out there (of which I am one as well) there is another app called Senuti which supposedly performs the same task.

I understand why Apple doesn't let you copy songs from your iPod to a computer (psst, these applications do that as well) but I've never understood why they wouldn't let you play songs which live on your iPod through iTunes.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - uninspired, depressed
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio Channel 26, playing Built To Spill -- "Conventional Wisdom"
Website Of The Day - One of the things I saw this weekend was an awesome animated music video done by Nylon Motion. Go poke around their site and see if anything stimulates you.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - nothing all weekend -- bad mood, bad timing, bad weather

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]