Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Check Please!

Is It Possible For My Brain To Work Even Less?
Yesterday I decided to join my friend Barb and volunteer as Crew for the Atlanta 2 Day Walk for Breast Cancer to be held on September 16-17. It sounded like a good time in mid-September so I happily logged on and ponied up my $50 to be part of the crew. Then last night it hit me that this was the same weekend as the wedding for one of my good friends. I have this wedding noted on two different calendars, but did I think to check either before spending the $50? Nope. What a fucking dumbass I can be sometimes... The only consolation is the hope that my money might help out somewhere. So. Fucking. Stupid.

Allow Me To Rant
Apple is now on my shit list. To be specific, apple.com is on the list. Yesterday at the office I needed to look up something on the Apple website and found that they have inserted a Quicktime ad with audio on their homepage. Imagine my embarrassment when this started blaring from my computer speakers. To make matters worse there are no volume controls on their webpage, so I was forced to dismiss their page as quickly as I could.

C'mon web developers, THINK before you create.

Working Toward Greener Pastures
Hey Paulie, what's up with EATLGA.com and when are you finally moving away from Blogger?

Well, that's a fine set of questions little Timmy.

Yes all, I am finally and far too slowly making the move away from Blogger. I've have contracted with Blue Host for a year's worth of hosting and now am trying to figure out how to do this whole CSS thing. In the short term if you want to have a giggle or two check out www.eatlga.com and that will take you to the new site (actually there is nothing there yet so be patient -- give me at least another week). I will update www.InsideThePerimeter.com and www.eatlga.com in parallel until the big cutover day when there will be all sorts of pomp and circumstance associated with the move.

btw- Anyone who is eager to help me can feel free to speak up. Thanks. :)

Oh Showcase, Why Did You?
Last night marked week one of Digital 102 at Showcase. As expected this was a review week of Digital 101 with some added techniques that appears my camera can't do. :(

Unfortunately, in addition to the $10 increase in the cost of the fee they have also decided to cut the size of the instruction room in hald by pulling closed a collapsible divider while keeping the size of attendance the same. So now not only are we more cramped in the room we can hear another class being taught on the other side of the partition. Unless I am guaranteed that this will not take place next session I doubt that I will be signing up for any future classes.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - back to meh
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio Channel 26, playing Arctic Monkeys -- "A Certain Romance"
Website Of The Day - Maybe I should just donate smaller denominations to many different charities using Give Meaning.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - nothing

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]