Thursday, May 11, 2006

Beer, Glorious Beer!

Rocky Mountain Oysters?
Hells No! I had Rocky Mountain's chicken wings. As I mentioned yesterday I met up with my buddy Darren at Rocky Mountain Pizza Company last night.

Damn the wings were good, and to further enhance my experience the bottles of Smithwick's I had last night cost $2.50 each. That's no typo my friends, Smithwick's (and various other decent beers) costs a mere $2.50 each and every day at Rocky Mountain! Don't get me wrong, I love my East Atlanta haunts and will continue to frequent them, but damn(!), two-fiddy?!? I am sure that I can do a few photo strolls over the Tech way and wind up at Rocky Mountain for a cold one afterwards.

Last night they were also having Team Trivia at Rocky Mountain. The team sitting behind me were cheating big time, oh how I miss being in college. I even helped them with an answer "Bob Jones University" -- go make up your own question.

Why Did The Geese Cross The Road?
I guess it was to eat. On my drive from filling up the Jackmobile with $42 worth of gas to the office this morning a gaggle of geese, many of which were goslings (why do they have special terms for geese?) decided to walk across the road in front of traffic. Miraculously none of the geese nor any of the drivers were harmed in the impromptu road crossing.

There's No Crying In The Amazing Race!
Did you watch?
I'm happy.
Are you?

Smiling Pretty
There are probably levels of Hell awaiting my arrival. This morning I have my semi-annual dental check-up and cleaning. In honor of this event I am eating a Oatmeal Raisin Walnut Clif Bar, ooh they have more calories than I imagined, for breakfast. It's not as bad as stuffing a bunch of Oreo cookies in my mouth, but I'm sure it's not that different.

Call it sweet revenge for all of the pain I've suffered in the dental chair in my lifetime.

It's A "Happy Birthday" Day
My friend Phil is having a birthday today, this makes him one more than thirty-five. The best thing about Phil's birthday, at least from my perspective, is that we are all meeting up at Taco Mac after work for a party. Woo Hoo. While there I will get to add to my list of passport beers, get a free glass (is it tacky to then turn around and hand it to Phil as my birthday gift? What if I stick a bow on it), and curse myself for already using my two-days of meat eating (I'll be the one with the veggies in front of me).

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - tired, missing the sun
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio Channel 26, playing Beck -- "Beercan"
Website Of The Day - Since I am often frustrated at my photos I should visit Digital Photography School and learn a few things.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - nothing

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]