Tuesday, March 07, 2006

This 'Off The Interweb Grid' Thing Sucks

[quick note: Until I have time to get Inside The Perimeter Central configured properly and back online my responses to comments and emails will be somewhat limited.]

I tried to set things up yesterday so that I could eat lunch at Taco Mac and use their WiFi. Unfortunately I forgot that I had to conduct an interview during lunch. I went to Locos for dinner because I thought that they had free WiFi; they do not. When I got home I had fifty emails.

It's now 12:05am and I am trying to get this done.

I Enjoyed Their Musical, Will I Enjoy Their Music?
Normally the weekend after my birthday is spent with the some of my Raleighite friends either in Raleigh or in Asheville, NC. This year will be different since they are now parents and "Uncle" Paulie isn't ready to spend a weekend with an infant that he didn't create.

You may remember recently I made mention of a desire to take a trip to Chicago. Thanks to Fat Asian Baby I found out that tickets for Pitchfork's Music Festival (held in Chicago on July 29th and 30th) went on sale yesterday. I'll give you one guess as to who purchased a ticket...

Who Says I've Got No Class?
Week One of Digital 101 is in the books. What can one expect for the first class of an Introduction to Digital class? We discussed many pre-picture-taking concepts, most of which I knew. I'm not dissatisfied however as I think that over the next six weeks I will learn quite a bit about photography.

What Was Up With All The Hair Being Up?
Was it just me or did anyone else notice that most of the women at the Academy Awards the other night had their hair up? Yes, some of us straight men notice these things. Someone help me out here. Were they all trying to show off the backless dresses? Was it so hot that almost none of the actresses (yes, I still use that term) didn't want their long tresses down? I just thought it odd.

Music For The Masses
And there is a whole lot of it from which to chose this week. Metacritic lists eighteen new releases for today. As you may expect, this makes my job a little difficult.

In this case I am going to chose the devil I know over the one that I do not. Therefore instead of picking I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness' "Fear Is On Our Side", I will choose the new release from Neko Case, "Fox Confessor Brings The Flood."

If you look over into the "WALK IN MY FOOTSTEPS" section you will see that I have already purchased a ticket for Neko Case's concert in Atlanta. I think that Neko Case is so pretty that I would enjoy her show if she did nothing else but stand up there and perform each song in sign language. I wonder if she plans to follow this season's hot fashion statement and put her hair up for the show?

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - behind, way behind
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio Channel 26, playing the Zeros+Ones Show
Website Of The Day - It's a novel concept that someone is eager enough to try. TurnHere is producing short films about neighborhoods all across the country. Word on the street says that they have done one for East Atlanta, although I have yet to find it.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - walking, 3 miles

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]