Thursday, February 16, 2006

Memories, Like The Corners Of My Mind

I'm Batman!
A few years ago while working a trade show in Las Vegas I had the opportunity to meet the Real Batman, Adam West.



Having seen every episode of Batman as a child and being constantly amused by the odd places that Adam West's voice-overs appear, I was quite pleased to be able to get his autograph.

I had forgotten about having Adam West's autograph until I rediscovered the photo while cleaning my basement for my Super Bowl party.

I Can Rebuild It; I Can Make It Better Than It Was Before
The last few nights have been spent rebuilding my "media center" pc. I have owned this pc for four years (so it's really just a desktop pc) and had forgotten just how many programs I had loaded on it during that time period.

For instance...

In order to scan my photo of Adam West I needed to re-install my scanner. Well, that required me to download the drivers for the scanner from Canon. Canon provided installation directions for the driver in for form of a PDF. Since I had yet to reload a PDF reader onto the box I had to go to Adobe's website to download and install a reader.

It's going to be a slow process getting this pc back to 100% usefulness, but I just have to keep reminding myself that replacing the old hard drive in order to get a clean install of Windows is worth the pain.

Boy Meets Bar, Boy Sits At Bar, Boy Gets Fat
At one point in my life I was a workout fanatic. I went years in which I exercised six days a week, sometimes twice in one day. My biggest fear back then was getting injured. Being injured this week reminds me why. Last night I entered George's with no hopes of getting in a run prior to drinking beer and eating dinner. To say I am dissatisfied with my life right now is an understatement.

Although Tonight I Will Eat, Drink And Be Merry
Thursday night dinner club is at Casa de Paulie tonight. Since we are nearing(?) Mardi Gras (which will not be nearly what it used to be thanks to Katrina) I have decided to make crockpot Jambalaya (which will not be nearly as good as my normal Jambalaya). "Why", you ask? "Time", I answer. I woke up early enough this morning to chop vegetables for a spiced up (because I accidentally added too much Cajun seasoning) version of my crockpot Jambalaya, in addition to a (crockpotted) spicy vegetarian black bean "chili" (in my book it is not real chili unless it has meat). Both dishes will be much better than "edible" and I will serve up enough red wine to ensure that.

Until we meet tomorrow my friends...
Same Bat Time (at least back to my normal Bat Time)
Same Bat Channel

btw- Anyone know who gets voted off on Survivor tonight? I'd sure like to load up some good music onto Stacy's iPod... :)

[UPDATE @ noon] I just heard that She Wants Revenge will perform on Letterman tonight. So if you are still on the fence on whether or not to catch their show next Tuesday at The EARL, give it a watch.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - late, and ready to go home already
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, channel 26 playing Sufjan Stevens -- "The Man Of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts" (I know that refers to Superman, but it really is playing on Sirius right now)
Website Of The Day - Did you know that Adam West has his own website? He does, and it can be found at www.AdamWest.com

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - nothing, giving my knee some time to heal

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]