Friday, February 03, 2006

72 Hours Of Mayhem

My Black Sheep hash and the Super Bowl are this Sunday, and do I ever have a shitload of things to get done between now and then. I will be going at a frenetic pace normally only seen in laboratory rats.

Why I Shouldn't Dress In The Dark
I just realized I am wearing a black belt with my brown pants and shoes. Well, at least I have a good excuse as to why I won't be getting laid today...

I Already Hate This Season Of Survivor
Oh the show was fine, but the wine drove me to make a bet with my friend Stacy about which Spinster was going to get voted off last night. Somehow I managed to lose, so as my punishment I will be forced to download NSYNC to my iPod. Why Stacy has NSYNC on her new 2GB Nano still befuddles me. I have a feeling that this will be a weekly battle so at somepoint in time I should be able to improve her musical tastes.

Oh, Fuckhead
The article in this month's Atlanta INtown paper reads
If you haven’t driven down Peachtree Road through Buckhead Village lately, you might be surprised at how many bars are vacant and boarded up. The now seedy-looking buildings are plastered with “For Rent” and “Space Available” signs, a far cry from the days – and nights – as Atlanta’s foremost playground.

Now that the criminal element has been shown the door, the table must be set to invite new guests – restaurants and retailers who will restore Buckhead Village to its former luster.
I realize that the "criminal element" that the stuffed-shirts of Buckhead most likely refer to the crowd that inhabited Buckhead after my retirement, but I still take umbrage to associating the bars with all of the problems. Without the bars Buckhead is dead to me, besides I've got plenty of better options in East Atlanta, Va-Hi, Decatur, Oakhurst, etc, etc, etc.

The Return Of Live Music
If I can find the time tonight I will at Lenny's Bar to see Sovus Radio and A Fir-Ju Well. It's been years since I've been to Lenny's. I still remember going there when I moved to Atlanta (when it was still called Dottie's) to see Buzz Hungry. At the time that area scared me to death, but was comforted that no one in their right mind was going to steal a 1988 Hyundai Excel.

Tomorrow night will definitely find me at The EARL for The Hold Steady show. I am sure that this will be fun, but I am also sure that it will be a very late night which is only going to make Sunday that much harder...

A Birthday Triple Shot
Today is my brother's birthday. He'll never read this, so I'll keep his paragraph brief.

On Sunday, the Super Bowl turns 40 (hence Super Bowl XL). However, it just so happens that my good friend Dr. Doo Doo also turns forty on Sunday. Welcome to the Old Man Club, Doo Doo.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - frenzied
Current Music - none, listening to the "KFI the Tech Guy" podcast
Website Of The Day - There is a lot of weird news in this world. What better place than Weird News Today to find out about it. (thanks again to Randy for sending me the link)

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - zilch

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]