Tuesday, February 14, 2006

One Is The Loneliest Number

Fact: I have been alone seventeen of the last twenty Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day makes me feel like a Jew on Christmas.

However, This will not be a "poor pity me" entry. Fuck. That.

Seeing Red, Or Then Again No
I had intended on stopping into Joe's to get some morning coffee and to say hello to Ellen (a redhead). However, because of a 7am meeting I had to leave my house earlier than they would have been open.

No More Hidden Tracks!
Yesterday I popped the new She Wants Revenge cd into my car's cd player. Because I still don't have my media pc 100% ready I decided not to wait until I ripped the cd to mp3 and play it through the iPod.

I enjoyed the disc thoroughly. Their music is mostly beat driven with a disctinct vocal (some may not consider it "singing"). It reminds me a bit of Depeche Mode with a smidgeon of old school Davie Bowie thrown in. I will admit that after a while the sound becomes a bit repetitive. What really pissed me off is the presence of multiple one-second blank tracks (I don't know how many exist yet, I popped the cd out after track fifty). Come on folks, if I wanted a minute-plus of silence I would turn down the volume; and this "clever" technique has been done at least twice -- Tool's "Undertow" and Nine Inch Nails' "Broken"). Stop it already!

So Close, Yet So Far Away
Last night's trivia was played at Johnny's Pizza again. After a few hits and near misses we were only one point out of first place going into the final question. While we managed to get the final question correctly the team ahead of us also did, so we finished in second place.

I Guess CDs Make Bad Valentine's Gifts?
The three new releases listed on Metacritic's New Release List are all American releases of discs already available in the UK.

Today's selections are Babyshambles' "Down In Albion", Sing-Sing's "Sing Sing And I", and The Subways' self-titled release. Frankly, I may have heard one song from The Subways, but know nothing of the other two. In this instance, I say buy flowers and chocolates instead.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - like one hand clapping
Current Music - none, listening to the "KFI the Tech Guy" podcast
Website Of The Day - My friend Sarah sent me this link; be forewarned that it had audio. I t's a video produced by the Organic Consumers Association. Apparently those flowers and chocolates should be organically produced.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - nothing

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]