Friday, February 10, 2006

Ketchin' Up

I'm Freezing, But Saving Money
Thanks to a willingness to freeze even more and a far milder January, my heating bill dropped eighty dollars (aka 1/5th of the price of the XBOX 360 I didn't buy). My bill is still too high for my liking, but any colder and I will be waking up with icicles hanging from my nose.

Cornbread, Earl And Me
That was the title of the first book that I read containing curse words, but it also is a relevant to my life today.

This morning I arrived to find a piece of cornbread on my desk left for me by one of my coworkers. I know that this person was not the culprit in last week's Great Cornbread Robbery, but I thought it was a nice gesture... and delicious.

Last night I was introduced to a show that I knew that I should have been watching all along. The show was My Name Is Earl. Sure, it's low-brow humor, but then again I like low-brow humor.

The Survivor game takes a twist. Last night we watched the four tribes become two, but I'm talking about my game. If you remember from last week, I lost a bet with my friend Stacy and I will have to put *NSYNC onto my iPod. She and I have decided to have a running bet every week. When we find out the tribe which will have to go to tribal council we each pick a person who we think will be ousted. If one of us is correct we get to pick music to put on to the other's iPod. Seriously, I'm really just doing this to improve her musical tastes.

Where Have All The Tree Huggers Gone?
(no I am not referring to the fact that I have not been volunteering with Trees Atlanta like I used to)

Yesterday I drank a refreshing Atlanta-based carbonated beverage while I was up at Clemson University. When I was done I asked the girl working the desk where the recycling bin was, she smiled and said that they didn't have one. WTF? A college campus without a recycling program? I carried the can around for a few minutes and after not finding a recycling bin I gave up and put into a trash can. Holy shit times have changed.

At Least The Record Stores Haven't Changed
Once my appointed tasks at the university were completed yesterday I sought out the local cd store. Black Dog Music was my target. Any music store that I enter and hear Neutral Milk Hotel playing on their speakers is alright by me. While I didn't find any used cds to my liking, I picked up a copy of the new She Wants Revenge disc, and was upsold to the limited edition dvd-included Belle & Sebastian release. That's right ladies, I am sensitive and willing to open the wallet to spend a few extra bucks...

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - since I've been out of the office and today is Friday it feels like a one-day work week for me!
Current Music - none, listening to Adam Curry's "Daily Source Code" podcast from Wednesday
Website Of The Day - Can't get enough of that weird news you say? Well, swing buy Drew Curtis' Fark and see what's cooking today.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - sadly nothing

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]