Tuesday, September 06, 2005

You Know How I Know You're Gay?

You read blogs.

How could I possibly complain about a Labor Day full of sun? A day where I didn't go into work but I get paid regardless? Oh yeah, those motherfucking Braves beat my hapless Mets again! Fuck You, You Fucking Fucks!

Hey, did anyone notice that college football started this weekend and the pros start Thursday? Baseball? Who cares! (yes, that is the sourest of sour grapes you hear)

Tennis Anyone?
For the first time in a good seven years I stepped onto a tennis court yesterday to hit a ball around. Surprisingly, I wasn't that bad. I guess it's like riding a bike (something else I should have done a lot of this weekend but didn't).

Clothing A Go-Go
How convenient! After tennis my friend Stacey and I walked up for a soda from Mr Lee's in Candler Park (Mr. Lee no longer owns the store, but I still refer to it as Mr. Lee's). On the way back we noticed a sign in front of Kashi Atlanta asking for donations, both monetary and otherwise, for one hundred families that have sought refuge from Katrina in Atlanta. As luck would have it I had those two boxes of clothing that I packed up on Saturday in my trunk, so on my way home I stopped by and dropped them off.

Typical Tuesday, Non-Typical Music Day
The cloudiness of a long weekend has worn off, and to my amazement I find out that it is officially a "Blast From The Past" Tuesday. Just take a look at some of the people releasing CDs today.

Heaven 17? Yep, that Heaven 17.
Howard Jones? Yep, that Howard Jones.
C'mon, The Proclaimers??? Yes indeed, that Proclaimers.

But my pick of the day goes to The Rolling Stones.
The Rolling Stones? Yep, that Rolling Stones. But be forewarned that their release of "A Bigger Bang" will probably be very different from your grandfather's Rolling Stones children.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - not bad, ready for a short work-week
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Brian Jonestown Massacre -- "God Is My Girlfriend"
Website Of The Day - Once I find a headshot of me that I like I am sooooo going to buy a caricature of myself from Iconize Me!.

Yesterday's Exercise (b)Log - ninety minutes of smacking a tennis ball around with Stacey

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]