Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Arrr! Not Just For Pirates Anymore

This morning the alarm went off at 5am, just like any other normal workday for me. This morning my brain decided it needed to sleep for another two hours, so it convinced my hand to turn the alarm off, and then convinced my eyes to return to their closed and locked position. Fuck.

A(nother) Open Letter To Marta
Dear Marta:

Your service has been, well serviceable. The trains do arrive at the stations at which I am stationed, eventually. But that is not the point of this open letter.

I have been an infrequent customer for the last two months. Often times I use the Edgewood / Candler Park station. For those two months I have noticed the same four beer bottles positioned under a tree. Is this part of an art installment that has yet to be announced? Could someone be so obsessive-compulsive to arrange the same four types of beer bottles in the exact same positions under the same tree nightly? Surely you employee people to periodically clean debris (um, trash) from the parking lots of your stations, right?

I am also sure that you would be pleased if I assumed a self-appointed Volunteer Trash Captain position and cleaned the parking lots for you. Unfortunately, when I am noticing these bottles I am on my way to my current full-time employment.

Meet The New Night, Same As The Old Night
What would I do when I realize that I have nothing to do? Play Team Trivia of course! I wandered (in vehicle) to Rocky Mountain Pizza where I helped a team finish well out of the money.

Gayle Devers? Who the hell remembers Gayle Devers?

How am I supposed to remember that Snuffalupagos was introduced in 1971 (I guessed 1972). I don't even like muppets. I AM OLD GODDAMMIT, CUT ME SOME SLACK!

I did manage to come up with "Squeeze Box" as the song from which the lyrics "She goes in and out and in and out and in and out" were taken. For the record I would have known that even if I wasn't privy to knowning that all song lyrics this week would come from songs by The Who -- that tidbit was in Team Trivia's electronic newsletter for trivia nerds.

From The Bizarro File
Yesterday I heard the most awesome cover of a song, ever. While listening to the iPodArmy podcast (you should be too) the guy played Nina Gordon (of Veruca Salt fame) covering N.W.A.'s "Straight Outta Compton". Fucking Awesome!

Here it is -- Nina Gordon's "Straight Outta Compton"

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - angry
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, channel 26 playing Ween -- "It's Going To Be A Long Night"
Website Of The Day - Ween has their own Internet Radio station, cleverly named Ween Radio.

Yesterday's Exercise (b)Log - none, shame on me. :(

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]