Wednesday, August 31, 2005

$35.56

That's what it cost to fill my tank yesterday morning before the price of gas went up again! Helloooooo Marta. Sure, it will cost me $3.50 a day (if I don't buy a pass or a roll of tokens) but that's still cheaper than the price of gas and tolls for a thirty-eight mile round trip.

The Phone Has Voice Mail, Use It!
Look, if you are going to call my cellphone at 11pm at night please have the courtesy to leave a message. Even if you misdialed go ahead and say "Sorry, I have the wrong number." If you don't, and I don't have your number programmed into my phone, I might feel compelled to return the call at 3am.

I like closure. I understand that it's probably some recessive gene that I possess, but those of you who don't need closure should be courteous enough to understand that there are people out there who do.

Walk Like An Egyptian To An Egytpian Baseball Game
It's about an hour's walk from my house to Turner Field. I consider it to be a safe walk, at least when done with someone else. It never fails however that as soon as I am walking alone some stranger asks me for something as if I am The Great Provider. Two blocks from my house a woman asked me for a smoke. When I said "Sorry." and started to walk away she angrily said "All I was asking for was a cigarette." to which I turned around and replied in a similarly angry tone "I don't smoke! SORRY!" and kept walking. I am getting fed up by people who ask me for something and then give me attitude when I say no (especially since I politely say "sorry").

Last night my friend Glenn (who also lives in my hood) walked to the game where we met up with the majority of the Meet The Hashers.

We met up at the Bull Pen (that restaurant/bar just to the west side of the stadium) where I had my one and only beer for the evening. Around the sixth inning I substituted the desire for another beer for ice cream because Chris brought one back to the seats and it looked so good that I had to get my own. The best line uttered all night was when Glenn looked at me eating ice cream (with cookie dough no less) and said "I think I know why 'twenty by forty' failed." True dat.

Braves lost 3-2. W00t! There was a surprisingly small crowd present at the game. That's kind of a shame because the Braves field a very entertaining team.

Vegas Keeps Rearing It's Ugly Head
I've started listening to a new podcast called Five Hundy By Midnight which claims to be the original Las Vegas podcast. On the only edition that I have heard the guy referenced a pretty cool Vegas website called Vegas Today And Tomorrow. My favorite part of the site is the "Dreams" section that talks about concepts which were bandied about but never came to fruition.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - fortunate not to be one of the victims of Katrina
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, channel 26 playing Badly Drawn Boy -- "Once Around The Block"
Website Of The Day - Sometimes older is better, at least that what I plan to tell the twentysomething women out there. Okay, I'm referring to software instead. If you absolutely have to have some older version of some piece of software, try OldVersions to see if they have it.

Yesterday's Exercise (b)Log - walked to Turner Field and back

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]