Thursday, August 25, 2005

Surely It's Friday By Now...

No, and stop calling me Shirley.

Early To Bed, Early To Rise
Remember that old quote
Early to bed, early to rise
Makes a man healty, wealthy, and wise
I am here to tell you that it's complete bullshit.

I was a Good Boy last night, leaving George's Bar after one beer and eating only popcorn (which was later supplemented with cream cheese and crackers, yum!). Home early and sober I should certainly be the most productive I have been recently; hell, I even had time to read. That ended abruptly when the eyes shut and I fell asleep. Fuckity Fuck Fuck Fuck!

Baby Steps
First there was the complete reading of a magazine. (Wired)
Now I am currently reading a book comprised of magazine articles. (The Polysyllabic Spree)
Next? I'm thinking a book filled with short stories.
And before I know it I will have read an entire book.

I sound like I am six years old. LOL!

Picture This!
Why looky there (----->) I've gone and put one of those annoying Flickr photo mosaics on my blog. Idle minds....

Yeah, I know that anyone reading this through an ATOM (still no RSS, arrgh!) feed can't see it, but I can't change the world you know.

Running Is For The Birds
Not only did my body feel as if it was about to explode last night, my left running shoe made this annoying sound while I ran (ok, walked). The sound was similar to a regular exhale, or perhaps similar to what you'd hear when you have a flat tire on a bicycle. Pfhht. Pfhht. Pfhht.

Guess who needs new running shoes? Maybe I'll buy those sneakers with the wheels on the bottom.

We Are The Boys
WTF? My alma mater, the University of Florida, has dropped from the top ten of Princeton Review's "Top Ten Party Schools?" C'mon kids, what are you doing down there, studying? You've got a reputation to uphold, you know...

Want to see what all studying and no drinking produces?



That's right, all that "clean" living will turn you into Sasquatch.

or worse...



a hasher.

Third Time Is A Charm
Looks like I'll be playing Team Trivia again tonight. This will be the third time this week I've played trivia. Yeah, I know I need to get a life, branch out, do new things. But this week features lyrics from Who songs, and I know me some Who songs!! Tonight's gathering will be at Raging Burrito in Decatur.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - ambivalent
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, channel 26 playing The Thrills -- "Big Sur"
Website Of The Day - Some websites I can't describe. We Make Money Not Art would be one of them.

Yesterday's Exercise (b)Log - fifty minutes of walking and running

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]