Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Number Of The Count Shall Be Three

Third Time Is A Charm
Tonight will mark the third time1 I have seen Foo Fighters, and the third time2 this year that I have seen Weezer.

1: partial set at Music Midtown in 1997(?), once at the Tabernacle where I was in the wrong place in the venue and it sounded like shit, and tonight.
2: at the Tabernacle (fantastic!), at the Underground (fiasco!), and tonight.

Still Virgin Shoes
I was unable to run last night, nothing like a late-afternoon meeting to disrupt my plans. Of course that didn't stop me from dropping by George's Bar and tilting a few beverages with my hashing friends. I kept my intake to one.... pitcher (minus a pint I gave to a friend). Problem? What problem?

But I Am Trying, Amazon
A few weeks ago I applied to be an Amazon Associate, aka a schlep to help them generate sales. In return for me linking to products if anyone buys things from Amazon I get a slice of the action.

Today I received an email from them stating that I've activated the account, but have generated no sales. What, is this a contest? Does the winner get a Cadillac and the loser fired? Amazon, I am trying over here, so back off! :)

Seen On Marta
A woman dressed in a Waffle House uniform. Unfortunately for my waistline that triggered a desire for breakfast. Since I didn't want to follow the lady to Waffle House I stopped in the little cafeteria on the ground floor of this office building. Chicken biscuit and home fries -- fantastic, but faaaatening. I might have to climb the stairs a few more times today to work it off.

For All You Readers In The House
The USA Today has published their Fall Book Guide 2005. I am sure that there are a lot of great books listed, but I am also fairly sure that I will never get around to reading any of them.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - day three of four, then the weekend will arrive
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing The Streets -- "Fit But You Know It"
Website Of The Day - read up on some geeky news at TechDirt.

Yesterday's Exercise (b)Log - well, I was supposed to run last night, but a late-afternoon meeting squashed that.

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]