Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Sometimes It's Hard To Be Humble

The Number Of The Count Was Three
Meet the Hashers was a skeleton crew last night at Taco Mac. The team consisted of me, Glenn, and Angela. The number of team members was one more than the number of questions we missed. Did I mention that we won? Did I mention that we won BIG? MUHAHA!

Last night's victory was a little more pleasing than it normally is. We usually have a large constituency and most of the other (losing) teams gripe "They should win, they have so many people." Take that you whiners!

I can only remember one of the questions we missed, probably because it was a sports question.
Q: Long before becoming an NBA coach at which college was Pat Riley a basketball star?
A: Kentucky (damn, I guessed UCLA)

A Walk Is A Good As A Hit
And hopefully tonight it will be better than a drive.

I'm going to the Braves game tonight. For the first time since moving to my hood I am going to walk to Turner Field. Fear not, I shan't be alone as it was really Glenn's idea to walk and I just volunteered to join him.

East Atlanta Streetscaping
Driving up and down Flat Shoals Avenue in the East Atlanta Village is a little prettier these days. Thankfully the streetscaping project is starting to wind up and trees have been planted in the curb bulbouts.

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Glenwood Avenue in the East Atlanta Village. Glenwood could use some trees to hide the number of emptied storefronts which have surfaced. Gone are Good News Cafe, some antique store, Kinky Pinky boutique, and Dollar Days.

I really want to tout how great my neighborhood is. On days like today that is really hard to do.

You Would Think It Would Be Cheap To Go To Vegas!
Thanks to Delta I'm already losing money on my birthday trip to Las Vegas. Yesterday I booked my flight (for late July) and it came to $518 round-trip. Fuck, you would think that Las Vegas would subsidize airlines to bring people to them.

New Music Tuesday
I see twenty-three new releases on the cd front; I have no idea who half of the people releasing cds today are. Crazy.

I guess I'll give my not to Billy Corgan and his release of "The Future Embrace". Don't know the name? Billy was the lead man of The Smashing Pumpkins and Zwan.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - smart
Current Music - Geek News Central Podcast for 21-Jun-05
Website Of The Day - Turner's got a new offer for gaming. It's called GameTap. Psst, I like to game (for free)....

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]