Friday, June 10, 2005

Reading Is Fundamental

Sit down children and let me impart some knowledge

Always Read The Labels, Part 1
When I reached in to my Drawer O' Drugs at work yesterday I never imagined that I would have allergy medication that wasn't of the non-drowsy variety. A short while after ingesting the medication I started feeling very sleepy. I pulled out the box and read these words
"marked drowsiness may occur"
Can I tell you how hard it is to stay awake through meetings when you make this mistake?

Always Read The Labels, Part 2
With drug-induced drowsiness and hungry from skipping breakfast I rallied up the energy to go down to the snack machine in the basement of our building. I don't hit the snack machine often, it's far too dangerous to my already-increasing waistline. As I gazed through the glass panel the words "Mini Pound Cake" struck me. Sold! As I stepped back into the elevator and started gnawing the package open, I thought "Man, this is going to be delicious." The first bite.... dry. Damn It! I turned the package around and noticed that the "Sell By Date" was May 31st; yesterday was June 9th. Damn You Unknown Vending Company!

Meet The Hashers Ignore The Calendar
An impromptu call to play trivia at Raging Burrito in Decatur occurred last night. A quorum of Meet The Hashers met up and managed to take first place! In fact, teams of hashers took the first two places as team "R-U" took second place. Our antics may put our common sense in question, but there is no doubt that we possess a vast quantity of useless knowledge.

I Hear That There Is A Big Music Festival Going On This Weekend
That's right, Bonnaroo Festival occurs this weekend up in Tennessee. Oh sure, there are two different music festivals occurring here in Atlanta as well, but I figured you already knew about them.

With all my concert-going love it may come as quite a surprise that I won't be attending any of the festivals this weekend. The days of my tolerance for large-crowd events have come and gone. I realize that I will be missing a lot of good shows, but that is a price that I am willing to pay.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - looking forward to the weekend
Current Music - Adam Curry's Daily Source Code for 9-June-05
Website Of The Day - Like Music Midtown needs my endorsement...

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]