Monday, June 13, 2005

Buggy Monday

This Big Orange Thing In The Sky
That's the sun, right? After getting rained on Friday night at the Braves game and drenched while hashing yesterday, I'm here to say welcome back sunshine. I missed you.

Let me guess, it never rained on Music Midtown, right? Yeah, sure it didn't.

What Is The Purpose Of The Fire Ant?
Yesterday's hash had us slogging through the swamps of Snellville, Georgia (where I hear that everyone is someone). One of the last thoughts on my mind when I was in the middle of the swamps was "Look out for fire ants." Why should I? I was in the middle of a fucking swamp, how were they going to get there? With about ten bothersome ant bites on my hands I wish that thought had crossed my mind.

By the way, if you find youself in the middle of a Georgia swamp, they are most likely to be found on downed trees.

Anyone have a good ant bite remedy?

The Million Millipede March
Over the last week I have seen a parade of bugs (centipede, millipede, somethinpede) along the curb where I park my car at work. I only see this in the morning, however. When I go out to my car to go home there is nary a pede in sight -- not even a dead one. What gives?

Shuffle != Random
This much I know. On occasion I drop my iPod into Shuffle mode so that I can have continuous playback. I am really shocked at how non-random the playback is. While I rarely hear the same song (I have 4200+ loaded), I often hear the same artists more than once in a given session.

The programmer in me would love to take a look at their code. Open Source, Apple? Please?

Can You Yahoo?
I am starting to feel the frustrations with Yahoo's email that I felt with Hotmail. I realize that I pay absolutely nothing for their services, but not being able to get to my email is (assumably) a lot like not being able to score crack when a fix is needed.

I dare say that I'd pay Yahoo an annual fee for guaranteed service. I probably wouldn't pay that much, however.

Happy Birthday!
My friend Mike has a birthday today. I have no clue how old Mike is, but I do know that he is old enough to appreciate the music stylings of Camper Van Beethoven. Mike, if you read this don't forget to ask for your free birthday beer before we get to see CVB and Modest Mouse.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - bitten and bothered it
Current Music - iPod on Shuffle
Website Of The Day - USA Today article which answers the question "Do Snakes Have Legs?"

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]