Thursday, May 12, 2005

I'm Back...

...Back in the saddle again! My spring has finally arrived since I was able to get my shit together and ride my bike into work. Woo Hoo! I've missed biking into work, and will again when my office moves to hell, um the Perimeter Mall area, later this summer. Look for my fat ass tooling around town on either the Red Rider (my Trek 2300) or the Street Hump Jumper (my Trek 750). I really should have pictures of the kids to show off.

I've Got The Whole World In My Hands
My new laptop hard drive arrived yesterday. No, the drive in my laptop is still fine, I've purchased another one to use as a USB drive to carry around with me. Soon I will have my entire music collection with me at all times. Sure I could have bought a larger iPod, but that would have been expensive. Besides, I can store a lot of different things on this drive that an iPod cannot. Technology, it's not just for breakfast anymore.

The Camera That Refuses To Fall In Price
For a while I have been contemplating purchasing a new digital camera. "But why? You never post photos." you say? Well, because I want to, that's why.

My current camera is good, don't get me wrong, but it's a 'tweener. It's not small enough to have with me everywhere I go and it's not powerful enough to be a nice camera.

There are two distinct paths for upgrade, ultracompact and digital SLR.

The DSLR would have been the first choice except the one I want (Canon's Digital Rebel) refuses to drop in price. Canon has even released a newer, better version the Digital Rebel XT and the original Digital Rebel refuses to come down from its $650+ price tag.

The ultracompact path is a bit more complex. I think the one that I have settled on is the Pentax Optio S5i which is so small it can be stored in an Altoids tin. The price of the Pentax is also more appealing, a "meager" $250+, although it is not upgradable.

Short but sweet. Time to get some work done...

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - feet spinning, ass ready for saddle sores
Current Music - Adam Curry's Daily Source Code Podcast for May 12th
Website Of The Day - All the camera 411 you care to eat at Camera Town

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]