Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Paulie's Got A New Routine

Once upon a time I used to get up early and work out in the morning. Now I enjoy that extra hour of sleep too much. My new routine is to support my local coffee shop, Joe's, on my way into work. As of today I have recognized three morning employees, two girls and a guy, and I have learned but one name, the aforementioned Ellen.

I'm happy with this new routine, it complies with my credo "Think locally Support local businesses."

You Say Chipotle, I Say McDonald's
Did you know that the latest "cool burrito" joint in Atlanta, Chipotle, is owned by McDonald's? Yep, sure is. To their credit they have allowed the founder of the chain to continue with the standards which made the chain popular. I'd love to tell you to go to Frijoleros, or Tortilla's for a locally-owned burrito, but they have moved into the "Atlanta's Past" category. I say skip the burrito and do yourself a favor by getting some jerk chicken or pasta at Eats on Ponce de Leon.

Second Place Is First Loser
Since I changed the title of an elementary school workbook from "Learning to Compute" to "Learning to Compete" I have known that I have a fierce competitive streak. I hate to lose. I attempted to play competitive sports until I was eighteen eventhough my skills were far-less-than average. I failed miserably, by the way.

You would think that as I near the age of forty this would have subsided, and to some degree it has. I know that my physical skills will never be what they were five, ten, fifteen years ago, but Fuckin' A (love that 80's slang) my mind should not have dulled. I am turning forty, not eighty!

Last night's team trivia outing at Taco Mac found Meet The Hashers finishing in second place for the third week in a row. Marcus Allen! Marcus Allen? I should have known that Marcus Allen was the player to hold the NFL scoring title prior to Emmitt Smith. It's sports trivia -- it's what I do!

Before my teammates read this and ridicule me, let me say that I love hanging out with you all, but I also love the thrill of victory and the extra $20 that first place brings.

Do You Mind If I call It A Blomage?
As a blogging homage I am copying some material from ananonymousgirl's blog, with a slight twist.

(A) First, recommend to me:
1. a movie that I should avoid:
2. a book that I should avoid:
3. a musical artist, song, or album that I should avoid:

(B) I want everyone who reads this to ask me three questions, no more, no less. Ask me anything you want -- keep in mind you might not like the answers I post

(C) If you are a blogger, go to your blog, copy and paste this allowing your friends to ask you anything they want!

Going To Syndication
Look for this blog to syndicate to LiveJournal under the username InsideThePerime (stupid ass limited user names!). I will try to have the dots connected by Friday. Why syndicate? How else am I going to reach World Domination status? I am sure that if Hitler were around today he would be blogging on ThirdReich.com (which even if it does exist I'd refuse to link to it) [it's a joke people, keep calm]

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - nervous: Super Bowl Party 'T Minus Five Days'
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Interpol
Current Read - "iPod & iTunes Hacks"

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]