Thursday, February 03, 2005

It's What Makes Me So Very Unique

We begin today's entry with a little verse that popped into my head this morning whilst driving t work.

What is this light which catches my eye
It most certainly can't be the sun
Oh, I get understand now
This land once had a tree, and now there is none

Some Strange Things About Me
  • I care, I notice, I listen -- traits which are not found in many men
  • I cannot tie just one shoe -- If one shoelace becomes loose I must, and repeat must, re-tie both laces. It's got something to do with symmetry.
  • While I don't dislike change, I'm not a fan of it either -- Change in color, furniture arrangement, etc catches my eye and forces me to stop and process what has changed. Many people assume this means that I am displeased, but really I am just trying to figure out what has changed.
  • I like to plan, I like routine -- I want to know where I am going, even if I don't eventually make it there.
  • I like to surround myself with things that make me smile -- My desk at work is cluttered with toys that amuse me, as well as a picture of myself taken when I weighed 235 pounds. The picture is what I turn to remind myself that things could always be worse.
Is It Irony?
I remember a few years ago when Alanis Morissette had her big hit "Isn't it Ironic". I thought it ironic that the State of the Union address for President Bush's second term of office occurred on Groundhog Day. Let's hope he can learn from Bill Murray in the classic movie of the same name and make things better. *dismounting soapbox*

It's Time For Another Birthday!
Today's birthday boy is my one and only sibling, Ronnie! Luckily, he doesn't know about, nor read my blog, so he won't know that I have mentioned this. My brother and I are sixteen (yes, sixteen) years apart; I am the younger of the two. While we have the same DNA origins, and look similar (I was lucky enough to keep my hair) we are different animals. It makes sense to me, we were both were raised as 'only children' (he was married and moved out of the house when I was two), and while the names of our parents were the same, the people who raised us were vastly different (think about this -- my mother was 19 when he was born and 35 when I was born -- were you the same when you were those ages?).

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - nervous: Super Bowl Party 'T Minus Three Days'
Current Music - The Faint. This is playing on my satellite tv and spinning in my car's cd player as well.
Current Read - resumes, again -- separating wheat from chaff

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]