Thursday, February 23, 2006

Thinking Aloud

Playing The "If I Leave Now" Game
This week I have successfully been able to turn off my alarm clock and go back to sleep. I wish I didn't do this. When I finally wake up I find myself playing the "If I get up by X, then I can get out of the house by Y, so that hopefully I can get into the office by Z" game. I can't even blame the cold weather this week.

To Combine Or Not To Combine, That Is The Question
In the righthand galley I have two sections "STUPID PAULIE TRICKS" and "LISTENING SKILLS REQUIRED". At first LSR was created to keep track of shows I have interest in attending, SPT was created to highlight some of the nonsense that I introduce into my life.

I find myself constantly cross-referencing these lists and I am wondering if I should just have one section which is my complete schedule.

Do you think it makes more sense to keep them separated, or combine them? (yes, I understand that this is my blog, but consultation rarely hurts). I have created a temporary combined list cleverly named "COMBO #1", check it out and see what you think.

Have Passport Will Travel
Five weeks after submitting my passport for renewal an updated passport is in my possession. Now if it wasn't so fucking expensive to travel...

My only planned trip for this year is one that requires no passport. Later this year I will be taking a trip for a hashing weekend to Durango, Colorado. In order to avoid a seven-hour car trip from Denver CO or a five-hour car trip from Albuquerque NM, I am looking to fly to Durango. Currently the best fare I can locate is $470 R/T. Ouch! I was going to try and use SkyMiles, but alas Delta doesn't fly to Durango.

Paying For Ricky Gervais?
I am a big fan of Ricky Gervais. I've pimped two of his television series ("The Office", "Extras"), his website, and his podcast.

While have yet to hear the last in his series of podcasts, I have heard that for the second season of podcasts he (or probably more accurately, his company) has decided to go the subscription route. I say "Good Luck" to you, but I can't see myself paying for that content.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - just when I think that things can't get worse, I find out that I am probably wrong (don't ask)
Current Music - none, listening to the MacCast podcast
Website Of The Day - Those wacky people in Louisville are planning a new museum Pplaza. I think the architects who designed this building must have been smoking something funny with Shoobie one of his visits up there.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - nothing, are you kidding? did you see that rain? what about my putting my bike on the trainer? yeah, I could have done that I guess.

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]