Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Back At It

Gutter Balls
Yesterday's sick day from work turned into a really productive day. With the "warmer" weather and improving health I got on my roof in an attempt to blow the leaves off. Of course it couldn't be that simple. As I started walking around I noticed how clogged the gutters were. In spots there was so much gunk and water I had a virtual primordial stew. I swear that my cleaning of the gutters has stunted the evolution of a new life form.

February, Oh How I Hate You February
Not even mentioning my hatred for that holiday which occurs on February 14th, February has always been a busy month for me. There are birthdays (brother, mom, and one of three college friends with whom I keep in contact). Until my dad's passing nine years ago, my parents' wedding anniversary was February 28th. And then there were all those mattresses I had to purchase on Presidents' Day.

Inching Closer. Never Reaching
Today I was "late" getting up (read "I slept until 6:30am") so I decided to take my chances driving in. This decision was further supported by the fact that I'll be running tonight at George's.

Because of my departure time this morning I got stuck in a traffic jam caused by an accident on 400 near the toll both. While inching along I kept trying to catch up to this Saab so that I could check her out. As my car would get near my lane would slow and hers wouldn't; the Saab would move three car-lengths away. Rinse. Repeat. Seriously, am I the only one who notices this?

Of course even if I were to catch up nothing would happen. But it would at least allow me to put in one of those pathetic Craig's List "Missed Connections" ads.

To all my friends... If you ever hear me actually considering putting one of those ads on Craig's List, please slug me in the face.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - not bad, although I am sore in odd places
Current Music - none, listening to Adam Curry's "Daily Source Code" podcast
Website Of The Day - The Consumerist is a great site for reading people's gripes with companies

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - none, unless you consider gutter cleaning exercise

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]