Friday, October 21, 2005

Running On Empty

Target Thinks Milk Is Gas
The other day I went into the new Supa Dupa Target near the office to get some groceries for my office. One of the things I went to pick up was milk. As far as I remember milk has always been one price whether you were buying skim, 2%, or whole. This time when I went to get my whole milk (I gave up buying lesser milk years ago) it cost twenty cents more than skim, and ten cents more than 2%. What gives? Why this gasoline pricing structure for milk? If anything shouldn't it go the other way since it requires more work to remove the milk fat?

Some Countries Understand Their Politicians Better Than We Do
This picture is from a map of India hanging in a co-workers office. Yes, it's a juvenille joke. I thought that we agreed yesterday that I was still a child. (btw- the picture looked a lot better before squeezing it down to fit in this Blogger template)



Who says that I use my technology for evil instead of good?

Publix, Where Shopping Was A Pleasure
Huh? When did that happen? My company moves away from Buford Highway and the Publix on Buford Highway closes. Wow, now that's some economic impact!

Seriously, the closing of the Publix on Buford Highway (a couple miles north of North Druid Hills) confuses me. Many of the residents in the surrounding apartment complexes must have shopped there. There were always people crossing Buford Highway going to that shopping center.

If for some reason you find yourself in that neighborhood with a hankering for food, may I suggest eating at Abbay (Ethiopian), Panahar (Bangladishi), or Machu Picchu (Peruvian)? I have rarely been disappointed by these restaurants. I would have eaten at one of them last night, but I had to save my appetite because last night was the monthly hashers wine-drinking dinner party, Last night's addition was brilliantly hosted by my friend Karyn.

If You Don't Know What I Am Doing This Weekend, You Haven't Been Reading
Paste Rock And Reel Festival. However, my dance card for tonight still remains empty.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - confused
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Idlewild -- "Love Steals Us From Loneliness"
Website Of The Day - I love reading how people hack their toys. One of my favorite sites for hacking is aptly named Hack A Day.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Yesterday's Exercise (b)Log - nothing

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]