Thursday, October 13, 2005

Of Mice And Marta

Of Mice
I just love the little mice that run around tracks of the Five Points Marta station. I am constantly amazed that they seemed to be hardly phased by the trains. The other morning there were two eating away at a piece of paper when the train pulled up no more that three feet from them. Did they run away? Nope. Then, the train passed over them and when it was completely gone from the station the two little mice were still there eating away at the paper.

Of Marta
My Marta commute has be rather agreeable of late. The trains have been crowded, but that's probably a good thing.

One thing that I have noticed recently is that Marta has been slow to update some of their signs and announcements. In the Peachtree Center station the signs still have references to Macy's. Macy's hasn't been in downtown for years. Also, when approaching the Lindbergh station the other day, the driver references the Lindbergh shopping center. Is the one that was demolished some months ago?

Sights For Sore Eyes
Remember how much I hated the Edgewood Retail District? Well, yesterday I fell in love with it. On my train ride into work I noticed that it now contains a Wachovia. Yes, I will finally be able to get money without paying fees when I am going out to Little 5! I could have used this knowledge Monday when I went to trivia at Johnny's with a measly $6 in my pocket.

On the work side of my life the long wait for the new Super Target to open has ended. Normally I wouldn't get too excited about this, but it now represents a grocery store within walking distance from the office. This for me is a good thing since I have taken to eating lunch at my desk in order to save money.

New iTunes Replacement For Podcast Downloader Is... iTunes
Crazy! I planned to write about this on Tuesday and the Apple blows up and announces all sorts of cool shit, one of which is iTunes 6.0.

After spending last weekend trying iTunes alternatives for podcast collecting I came to the conclusion that none of them were good enough to replace iTunes. Go figure.

I've also had mixed success using my iPAQ as my podcast player. The free player loves to lock up the device forcing me to reboot. I chose the player because it allows you to turn off the screen when listening to music, thus extending the battery charge significantly.

What Flowers Do You Send When You Forget Your Own Birthday?
InsideThePerimeter turned one last Saturday, and I forgot. Yesterday I started thinking about Halloween and remembered blogging about Halloween last year. A trip to the archives resulted in finding out that I launched this blog on October 8, 2004. If you want to see how something can evolve in its first year, check out my first entry, or my second entry.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - fair; I'd be better if I'd stop shoving food in my mouth
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, channel 26 playing The Hidden Cameras -- "I Believe In The Good Of Life"
Website Of The Day - What do you call a hamburger shaped in the form of a hotdog? A Burgerpipe of course!.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Yesterday's Exercise (b)Log - nothing

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]