Monday, June 06, 2005

I Ain't Got Much -- Time Or Material

The clock on the wall tells me that I am running real late today; my apologies. The biggest reason is the darn three-hour nap I took yesterday afternoon. It ruined any chance I had a getting sleep last night.

The Silver Lining
I was able to catch some "new" television last night, and set up some recordings for future viewing. I'm now somewhat hooked on the Food Network's lastest crack at RealiTVtm called "The Next Food Network Star." After watching the first two episodes I have have much more respect for the multi-tasking abilities of TV chefs -- except for Rachael Ray who may be nice eye candy, but once that mouth opens... forgettaboutit.

I Spent A Lot Of Time In Decatur This Weekend
And I'm not even a lesbian!

Saturday night saw me spending time at one of the best bars in Decatur, the Brick Store Pub. I am like a kid in a candy store because of the size of their beer list. Mmmmmmm Beeeer....

If I could have changed one thing about this weekend it would have been to be hungry at 4pm on Sunday. As has been chronicled on Vicklanta the first Sunday of every month the New York Corned Beef Society of Atlanta meets up for fine dining at Twains. If I could have been able to shove a sammie down my throat, I would have been ecstatic.

Instead, I spent time and money at the used cd store in Decatur. Yeah, I've got a problem. Yesterday I added six more cds (one a double-set) to my collection. What's truly funny is that none of the ones that I purchased were the one that I went in to buy initially...

Here are my new children (no links, I'm too lazy right now)
  • Mike Doughty - "Skittish" / "Rockity Roll"
  • Bloc Party -- "Silent Alarm"
  • The White Stripes -- "The White Stripes"
  • Chatham County Line -- "Route 23"
  • Micheal Been -- "On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakthrough"
  • The Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies -- "Magnolia"

Somebody Is Selling Whites In Edgewood?
Fear not, it's only because Bed, Bath And Beyond has opened up in the Edgewood Retail District. You know, once that Barnes & Noble opens up I might have to change my tune and stop badmouthing that complex. That attitude will last until everybody starts driving the same back roads as me.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - hurray for sunshine!
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing The Soundtrack Of Our Lives -- "Believe I've Found"
Website Of The Day - Georgia Navigator. Wasn't all of that roadwork traffic fun this weekend?

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]