Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Call It Pollenitis

Man, you can tell its springtime in Atlanta. Everything is green -- the grass, the trees, the streets, the cars, everything, except my wallet! I've undergone some major brain scrambling lately...

Check It, Check It, Check It Out
Look to the right galley (if you are not reading this via LiveJournal or on a Mac). Check out my fancy new section called "Holla At Me" at the top and the new fortune at the bottom. I think that yesterday's cookie was destined for someone else, because none of the people I have met recently want to play any role in my life, never mind an important one...

Better Than A Crocus
Growing up in New York we used to say that Spring had arrived when you saw the first Crocus sprout. My Spring indicator in Atlanta is poison ivy and pinetree pollen. Currently battling both, I am appeased only by the notion that I will soon be able to ride my bike in non-snowy conditions.

No, Seriously, You Want Me To Pay To Watch It?
Holy Crap Fox has big brass balls. A week or so ago I mentioned that they had put a couple of mid-season cancelled shows on the internet so that the eight of us who were watching them on free tv could see their conclusions. I managed to see the ending of "My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss" and must say that it was brilliant! I hope that the arse who decided it should be cancelled was fired from his/her position. Tsk! Tsk!

Then I went online to see the last episodes of "Playing It Straight".

In case you don't remember, the premise of this show was that an incredibly cute girl was placed on a dude ranch (oh so clever) surrounded by a beny of male-model-quality men so that she could find her perfect mate. What she was told on the first episode was that some of men were gay, and that if she picked one of them as "her Man", he would get a large sum of cash and she would get nothing and like it! She quickly turned into a modern-day Joseph McCarthy trying to out the Gaymunists. Disturbing and entertaining at the same time, and did I mention that she was incredibly cute, I was hooked. But I digress...

I clicked through to Fox to try and figure out where I was last summer when the show was cancelled, only to be told that I could rent each episode for $1.99. What? Seriously? Come On! Smithers, fire the stupid bloke who thought that this was a good idea!

Fox, do you really expect me to pay to watch a show that you wouldn't keep on free tv?!?!

Surfing Sans Al Gore's Internet
Last week I also watched a movie called "Step Into Liquid", which was a surfumentary. The movie was made by Dana Brown, who is the son of Bruce Brown, the man who made "Endless Summer".

The movie could have been titled "Surfin' 'Round The World" as it documented people surfing in different regions of the world. Some, like Texas and Wisconsin, came as a complete surprise to me. I guess surfing is a state of mind, perhaps a demented state of mind, but a state of mind nonetheless.

If you like beautifully shot movies with a decent backing soundtrack and you have ninety minutes to spare I think that "Step Into Liquid" is a worthy rent.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - hooked on the television
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Elliot Smith -- "A Distorted Reality Is Now A Neccessity"
Website Of The Day - Grasshopper, wax your board with Mr. Zog's Sex Wax

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]