Thursday, March 03, 2005

Go! Dog! Go!

I just realized that this should have been yesterday's title, as yesterday was the 101st anniversary of Dr. Seuss' birth.

iPoop
Yesterday I was all set to listen to my vast collection of music that I meticulously ripped to mp3, imported into iTunes and then copied to my iPod. One problem, the battery in my iPod was extremely low so I couldn't use it. WTF!?! I certainly hadn't listened to it that much since my last re-charge! I am wondering if my iPod is an iPoop. Apple, don't do this to me again! I want to love you so.....

Looks Like I've Gone And Gotten High Again
I like the High Museum, with the caveat that I know as museums go it ain't all that. However, being a man of culture and one who wishes to support the arts, I renewed my museum membership yesterday. To my shock and awe the High has raised the price of my membership level by $25! That's a 20% increase in price! Huh? Do they understand that by raising prices that fewer people will become members? Does anyone over there have a Business degree? I understand that there is a brand new building which will house more artwork, but I think someone over there has some 'splaining to do.

When The Greedy Get Greedier, Part II
If you've read my nonsense of the past few weeks, you'll know that I have gotten back into the habit of buying music -- on the cd. I don't download music from any of the major sellers because frankly I think that the quality of a 128kbps song stinks. 99.9% of the songs (that I couldn't hear yesterday) on my iPod are ripped at a 160kbps data rate, this is a low as I will go.

This week I read that the major "record" labels wanted a larger share (dollarwise) of the "legal music download" market. Do you think that Apple, et al will allow more of the $1/download go to the labels, or that prices will rise?

I know that these people have Business degrees, why don't they see that their image is already in the shitter and this will only convince people to *cough* "borrow" their friends' music again?

And It Looks Like I'm Going Back To Hell
My running is finally starting to come along (now if I could figure out that weight-loss thing). I actually ran with a bit of pace, and once or twice, a burst of (what I refer to as) speed! *gasp* At George's, the start and end point of the Wednesday night running/drinking, I admitted that I was considering returning to Hell (Michigan) to attempt Dances With Dirt. Dances With Dirt is my running NEMESIS!

Five years ago two of my hashing friends and I travelled to Hell to attempt the 50k (that's 31 miles) trail run. For two of us (Suzanna and me) this would be the longest run of our lives; for Little Easy it was merely another run in the park. That year I was no more than five miles from the finish when I reinjured my knee, forcing me to walk to the end.

When I returned in 2001 I was woefully out of shape. Combine this with getting stuck waist-deep in a bog, and spending forty-five minutes looking for a trail which had been sabotaged by horse riders, you can image that my time was none-to-impressive.

I have not been back since... Satan, I will see you in September!!!

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - ready for a road trip
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Modest Mouse - "The World At Large"
Current Read - Georgia state map

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]