Tuesday, March 01, 2005

3/1 - Turn Your Calendars..... NOW!

Don't make me come to your office and be that dickhead who reminds you that you have not changed your calendar to March. Do it, Do it. There, do you feel better? I certainly do.

It's Official, Black History Month Is Over!
And it was probably the best Black History Month I've had in years! And I'm not even Black! Luckily, I got the last of my BHM cards written out and mailed in time so that they would reach their intended recipients before the month ended. If you have yet to receive one that's because you either didn't make the list, or The Man (aka The Post Office) is keeping you down.

Boy Howdy, I cannot wait for "Asian Pacific American History Month" [May], Hispanic Heritage Month [9/15-10/15] (wtf?), and of course "Caucasian American Male Day" [Dec 21] (Winter Solstice, the shortest day of the year -- because we deserve the least amount of recognition).

Welcome To Women's History Month!
The month which "Comes in like a lion, and leaves like a lamb" is also host to Women's History Month. Funny, most of the women in my relationships came in like a lambs and left like a lions. **covers groin**

Keep Your Hands Off My Pocky
To celebrate the last day of Black History Month some coworkers and I ate a Japanese restaurant (this was before I knew I was supposed to wait until May to eat Asian Pacific food). Besides, I can't make it down to Gladys Knight & Ron Winan's Chicken and Waffles in an hour's lunch break. Geez! Anyway, I had an awesome Katsu Curry before we walked into the accompanying grocery store, oddly name "Tomato."

I love grocery stores targeted for "other" cultures. Yesterday I was able to buy some Pocky, but not just any Pocky, Men's Pocky (I'm am told that it is "men's" because the chocholate is more bitter), and some Suntory Boss Coffee (yesterday's flavor of choice was "Super Blend"). Even if you don't read Japanese (I sure don't) follow those links to see some fun web sites. The packaging of the products in these stores just cracks me up! If I had enough money I'd buy products that I would never intend to open, just to have the packaging.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - refreshed
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing Ted Leo & The Pharmacists - "Little Dawn" [a song that is way too long]
Current Read - did I forget? yep.

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]