Monday, February 28, 2005

Will Blog For Food

Now why didn't I think of quitting my job to blog fulltime like the guy in this story in Wired? Oh yeah, it's because I make no money doing this...

When I Said Music Was My Drug Of Choice, I Wasn't Kidding
Thanks to Sirius Satellite Radio I have once again started buying music. It's a habit I kicked because of the lack of quality albums (cds, whatever) released in the mid-to-late nineties. But now I'm back, scouring used CD stores and the internet, seeking that "certain" release by a band you probably have never hear of before. My return to John Cusack's character in High Fidelity is underway. This can't be good.

Friday's purchase consisted of
  • Various Artists - "Wig In A Box"
  • Primal Scream - "Screamadelica"
  • Ween - "Quebec"
You Say "Get Rid Of Hooters", I Say "Get Rid Of Dick's"
Dick's Sporting Goods that is. On a recent trip to my favorite Target (it's got a Taco Bell / Pizza Hut in it) I noticed that Galyan's is no more, and in it's place is a Dick's. I did actually see the workers erecting the Dick's sign, but had no decent camera available to take a picture of the big Dick's erection.

Ah Fuck, Goddamn Programmers Can Be Such Assholes!!
I can say this because I used to code for a living. Someone has figured out how to thwart Firefox's ability to stop pop-up ads from appearing. Pop-up ads are the most annoying thing on the internet, they seem to propagate like rabbits, and have never been for a product that I would be even remotely interested in learning more about. I hope that there is a special place in Hell for the person(s) who figured this out.

And Sometimes Being A Nerd Can Be Very Frustrating
On one of last week's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart they did a story about Paris Hilton's Blackberry getting hacked. Argh! She has a Sidekick II assclowns! Fuckin' A, she is in the goddamn Sidekick II commercial as well! I know, I need to go into a corner and roll a twenty-sided die until I calm down a bit, but it's all about the details. I expect more from you Daily Show, get with the program.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - whooped
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing The Arcade Fire - "Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)"
Current Read - will decide tonight

Monday Morning Weigh-In
Starting weight - (approx since I didn't have a scale) 198 lbs
Target weight - 178 lbs
Current weight - 196 lbs (oops, maybe I shouldn't have had so much to drink)

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]