Friday, March 03, 2006

Is It Monday Already?

I'm just getting myself ready for how I am going to feel on Monday....

Currently I think that I have about four unscheduled non-sleeping hours for this weekend, and this is as of 7:00am Friday morning!

Ignoring the time I'll be spending at work today, I am planning toSo What Are You Doing?
Seriously, if you've never run a hash trail and don't mind running over, under, or through anything that this city has to offer, go to the Atlanta Hash website read up on what a hash is and then get directions to my hash start tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be perfect, the trail will only be 17 miles long (KIDDING!!!), and if it's your first hash it will cost you absolutely nothing. Wear clothes you wouldn't mind getting dirty, and do not, I repeat do not, wear new running shoes.

Yes, my hash name is Wee Little Bit. No, I will not tell you why.

Buh-Bye Bobby
Ooooh Yeah! And, if memory serves me right I was the one who picked Bobby to be ousted on Survivor last night. While Stacy has yet to produce the music that she can put on my iPod, I will not be waiting quite so long to infect hers. My only decision is what to choose. Old school: Husker Du? New school: Clap Your Hands Say Yeah? Obscure: Steve Reich? Crap: no she already has enough of that. LOL!

(I had intended to put a link to my iTunes library here, but time ran out and I had to leave for work)

I Knew There Would Be Trouble
Earlier in the week I may have mentioned that my DSL provider was trying to contact me. They are changing their systems (from Bridged connections to PPPoE connections for you nerds in the house). Somehow I just knew that this was going to cause me grief. When I called them I explained my network configuration (I use a Linux firewall ahead of my router) and I stumped their tech guy. That's right, I stumped their "professional" because I have a Linux firewall! W? T? F? Unix / Linus backbones have been common internet components since the internet was created! (hey, thanks again Al Gore) How can these guys not be trained in this sort of configuration?

All of this wouldn't be nearly as bad if their deadline wasn't Monday. If you started reading this from the beginning, you might realize that I really don't have a lot of time to bone up on my Linux networking so that I can walk through this with them. Argh. If you don't see a blog entry on Monday I am either dead or ready to kill myself because I cannot get out to the internet.

Driving To The Oldies
Like Mr. Peabody (sorry, not this Mr. Pbody) and his boy Sherman I went into the Wayback machine this morning. I am nost sure if it was because I was priming myself for tonight's show or because I was trying to remember my youth, but I set the Wayback machine to 1986. This morning's drive into work was made enjoyable thanks to Jason and the Scorchers' "Lost and Found" cd. As lyrics spewed from my mouth (windows closed because I know that my singing isn't all that great) I was transported to the soccer field of the University of South Florida where I saw Jason and the Scorchers perform for free in 1986 with my then-best-friend Mike. (More about Mike in a future episode of Inside The Perimeter) Holy fuck that was a fun drive this morning...

Go Gators! Part 2
Recently I mentioned a really neat new website called Podbop. Podbop's mission is to alert you to the bands that will be playing in the city you choose. One of the free services they offer is a podcast feed for your city. Pretty neat.

As I found out yesterday, the creators of Podbop Taylor McKnight and Daniel Westermann-Clark are both University of Florida graduates! Woo Hoo. Go Gators!

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - busy, hoping change-of-weather illness in not brewing
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio Channel 26, playing Bright Eyes -- "Loose Leaves"
Website Of The Day - Wayfaring is yet another social mapping Web2.0 application. However, this one looks really cool. I may not be spending one of my four free hours this weekend playing on it, but I might next week.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - none

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]