Friday, January 20, 2006

It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time

Not really. It's really coffee and muffin time at Joe's Coffee Shop. I've taken the day off from work in order to get some tasks done, hence the slow start blogging today.

APWBWGTTD - ME = ???
Last night's Atlanta People With Blogs Who Get Together And Drink was held at Trader Vic's. I am not a fan of Trader Vic's, so I decided to skip. As it turns out Ms. Maigh also decided to skip, so we held a APWBWGTTD break-out session at RuSan's in Ansley instead. With the exception of the sometimes-loud cackling from some of the patrons and Saki Bomb chanting from the waitstaff it was quite a nice dinner.

Out With The Old


If all goes to plan the delivery men from Sears will be coming by this afternoon to tote away the old refrigerator and replace it with the new one. In my old house most "routine" tasks escalate into larger tasks, I hope this one goes well.

On Monday, in with the new.

The High Price Of Fitness?
I've been a runner and cyclist for years. In an attempt to regain past fitness levels, and perhaps the youth that partnered with them, I have been trying to do events such as half-marathons, cycling centuries, etc. The theory is that it will force me to train for them, although truth be told I never do.

Unless it is completely my imagination, this year's rates for the events in which I want to participate are exceedingly high
  • Mercedes Half-Marathon ($50)
  • Nashville Half-Marathon ($50)
  • ALS Ride ($75)
The out-of-town events don't include the cost of travel and lodging associated with them. For the running events I'm thinking of banditing since I can always carry my own water, and the last things I need are more t-shirts and medals (I've never understood getting a medal, what the hell am I supposed to do with it?)

It's Time To Party, Cajun Style
My friend Little Easy celebrated a birthday the other day and is having his annual birthday bash tomorrow night.

I love Easy's birthday parties because it allows me to experiment with some cajun cooking (thrusting it upon the party-going guinea pigs) and there is always plenty of beer.

This morning I am skimming through Emeril Lagasse's "Louisiana Real & Rustic" cookbook to see what ingredients I need to purchase at the grocery store later.

Speaking Of Guinea Pigs
The other day I heard the story about the restaurant in which health inspectors found a (fully dressed -- in cooking parlance) guinea pig in its freezer. Attentive readers of this space will recognize La Sabrosa as the restaurant I praised to no end when I used to work on North Druid Hills. The chef explained that the guinea pig was destined for his own consumption (a Peruvian delicacy I'm told), but when he was unable to produce a receipt he had to discard it.

I was slightly taken aback by this news when I realized that I may have been served guinea pig, but then when I found out that guinea pigs plates cost around $35 at specialty Peruvian restaurants I realized that I probably hadn't been. Now that I know what it costs, I kinda wish that I had been served some...

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - unsure
Current Music - Whatever Rat Pack era music is being pumped through the coffee shop
Website Of The Day - Ever wonder where the whole "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" thing was started (or at least made wildly popular)? Go to Ebaums World and you will find it.

If you ever want a quick glance of the sites I've picked for my Websites Of The Day, you can check them out on del.icio.us, my user name is InsideThePerimeter (go figure), and they are all tagged as "blogged."

Exercise (b)Log - nada

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]