Wednesday, October 27, 2004

My Perfect PIM....

I hate waiting for someone to finally create my perfect Personal Information Manager (PIM). Sooooo many have come close and failed. Is it really this hard?

What I want
  • Pocket-sized (for a man's pocket). I am old enough to remember the days of calculators so large you needed a pouch which attatched to your belt. I've been down that road of nerdom, I am not about to go back.
  • Feature-rich Contacts, Schedule, and Memo.
  • Keyboard which doesn't require me to have the skill of a fine-craftsman to use
  • Phone capabilities
  • Easy sync with a computer through usb, firewire, or bluetooth so that my Contacts list is in one, and only one, place. In this day and age there is no reason that I should have someone's old number/address in one place and the current one somewhere else.
  • Instant Messaging as well as email, both accessable *anywhere* (given a certain service provider's network)
  • Reasonable price. Nope I am not about to spend notebook-sized prices for this device.
  • Reasonable rate plan. Sorry, $30 / month is more than I am willing to pay.
What would also be nice
  • Camera
  • Wi-Fi
  • mp3 player
Yes, I am asking for a lot. All of these exist separately, why can't we have a Big Bang and create my Perfect PIM?

Paulie [eatl/ga]