Tuesday, October 19, 2004

What is your favorite word?

I admit it, I like Inside The Actors Studio, as well as the many spoofs about it and its host James Lipton. What made me think of this show was a few minutes this morning pondering my favorite word. In case you have never seen the show, Mr. Lipton always ends each interview by asking his guest to answer five questions stolen from a French interview show called "Bouillon de Culture" hosted by Bernard Pivot. One of these questions is "What is your favorite word?"

My favorite word is 'handsome' because with the exception of my mother, has only been uttered (about me) by two women in my life. In these rare instances I have been filled with limitless happiness. Now, I don't consider myself to be 'ugly', nor do I (and many women) really consider myself to be 'handsome'. Perhaps the best description of myself is 'average.' If I was an animal in the pound, I wouldn't be the first chosen, but I don't think that I'd be the last either. I used to joke that I believed that there was a woman for every man, but unfortunately for me Helen Keller is dead. Get it? She was deaf and blind. I'm here alls the veek, try the veal!

Paulie [eatl/ga]

btw -- My least favorite word is 'good-bye'. I'll let you figure that one out.