Thursday, July 14, 2005

Vive Bastille Day!


When Brown Delivered White, aka My Little Mac Attack
Against all suggestions I went ahead and bought a little 12" iBook this week. I know, Apple has announced a massive change in architecture set for next year, but in my new view of the world, that is going to happen next year, and I am living for now.

Taunt me when I moan about it because you have every right to do so, but I'll still continue to be pleased with my purchase.

Now I just need to find the time to use it.


It's A House Of Books, So You Know I'll Never Use It
The new East Atlanta library opened for "business" last Saturday. It's been a long process getting this done and I am greatful that there were people who were responsible for securing a new library for my neighborhood. Hopefully this addition along with the streetscaping project will help the EA Village turn around. Now if someone will finally do something with the old Echo Lounge and Madison Theater.


Revisiting Gordon Ramsay
I blogged about "Hell's Kitchen" in the past and how I thought that the show wasn't that great. The jury is still out for me.

Before that I had also blogged about "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares" a series in which chef Ramsay atttempted to turn around restaurant kitchens which had been faltering greatly.

Now the BBC has suckered my in again with "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares Revisted". In this series you get a recap of an episode of "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares" followed by a return visit to the establishment to see if the people and settings have changed per the suggestions made during the original series. So far, so good at least with my viewership.


I Don't Mind Being Hip, I Do Mind Having A Hurting Hip
My right hip hurts and it hurts often. I keep trying to remember when it started hurting. I am trying to figure out if this is a side effect from the ankle injuries I suffered earlier this year. Perhaps I have changed my running stride?

If it's not one thing, it's something else. Welcome to old age?

Has Harvest Been Harvested
During my run/walk last night I passed the restaurant Harvest in the Highlands. It looks like the restaurant has closed. The outdoor furniture was gone, there was a dumpster in the front parking lot, and it didn't appear that anyone was in the building. Does anyone know the story?

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - ACK! will I ever get caught up?
Current Music - None, OLN has early morning coverage of the Tour de France
Website Of The Day - Need to buy that "perfect" cartoon? Try the Cartoon Stock library. Here's one that fits today, which in the hash is referred to as Bastaard Day.



Off to read other blogs....

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]