Wednesday, July 13, 2005

How Much For That Cockatoo In The Window?

Exotic Bird Fair: Buy, Sell, Trade
On my drive in today I saw a billboard for Tim Vogle's Southeastern Exotic Bird Fair. Buying and selling I understand, but trading? Taking a bird to a show in order to trade it for another confuses me. "Sorry Polly, but I can't afford to buy you crackers any longer, I'm going to have to trade you in for a parakeet."

I have to admit, I've seen people keep exotic birds as pets, but I never really thought about how they acquired them.

Packing It All In
Friday is move day, and in preparation I have been packing six years worth of crap into boxes. I would consider this a refreshing exercise if not for the fact my destination was hell.

What Can Brown Do For Me?
DELIVER MY DAMN PACKAGE TODAY!!!! My new toy is scheduled to arrive today. I'm giddy I tell you, giddy!

I Hope Hell's Residents Aren't Slobs Too
One of the most troubling things that I have noticed with my current office-building neighbors is that a small number of them are complete slobs. Apparently, they never received the memo that the parking lot is not a trash can. Every morning, and often each evening, there is at least one pile with an empty soda cup or bag of fast food wrappers. Sad, very sad.

Pork, The Other White Meat
I have a desire to go to the Big Pig Jig in Vienna, Georgia and get my pork on. This year the event is on September 30th and October 1st. Sure, I'd have to miss the Magnolia Electric Co. at The EARL, but I would be back in time to see the Falcons take on the Vikings at the Georgia Dome. Any takers?

Apparently There Was Some Sort Of Baseball Game Last Night?
I love baseball, but the All Star Game holds no appeal for me these days. All I need to remember from this game is "Detroit" (the city in which it was held), "American" (the team that won), and "Miguel Tejada" (the game's MVP) for future trivia reference.

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - still one overdue task left to schedule -- must set reminder!
Current Music - None, OLN has early morning coverage of the Tour de France
Website Of The Day - Sarah and Willy, this site in honor of your creek cleanup work... The Center for Prevention of Shopping Cart Abuse.

Off to read other blogs....

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]