Monday, May 23, 2005

Return To Discipline: Day One -> Failed

The first thing on today's agenda:
  • Wake up early enough to ride bike to work
I finally awoke at 7:00am, not nearly early enough to gather myself and my things so that I could make the forty-five minute ride into work. Just like that, my grand return to discipline has been forced to take a raincheck -- and it's not even going to rain today.

Camp Run-Amok
Although I didn't expect to run well after five days of sickness, I kinda expected to at least want to run. My trail half marathon turned into a walk sprinkled with running. I was able to finish in a semi-respectable three hours, nine minutes.

Luckily the run was one of the few low-points of the weekend. With spectacular weather and enough food to feed an army, my friends and I feasted like we were kings. It's a good thing that I don't consider beer an intoxicant, for intoxicants were prohibted in camp.

Oh Sprint, Consider Yourself Lucky That You Have Me In A Contract
Here's a spot of irony for you.
First, you must guess which of the following cell providers didn't work inside the State Park
  • Cingular
  • Verizon
  • Sprint
Normally, I don't care since it's a rarity for me to get calls on my cell. <insert pitiful face here>
Good, now you must determine on average how many times a month my mother calls my cell phone (keep in mind that she only does so as a "last resort")
  • 5+
  • 1-4
  • 0
Your doing great! Just one more...
Who had six voice mail messages at home and another four on his cell phone from his mother who was worried that she couldn't get a hold of him?
  • me
  • somebody else
Yeah, it's sweet. Yes, I love her. But why did the timing have to happen like this? Timing -- "they" say it's everything, I am starting to believe "they" are right.

Hooray! Kroger of Midtown Edgewood Is Open!
I'm not a huge fan of Kroger. What I am a huge fan of is having a decent grocery store near my house and on my way home. The Kroger in the Edgewood Shopping District has opened. Hooray!

The reason for the strikethrough? Stores which have opened up there have been identifying themselves as "X of Midtown". First it was Lowes, then Best Buy. The intown neighborhoods have been disgruntled by the lack of "props". Edgewood is not Midtown. Midtown is not Edgewood. Get it straight!

Margarita Or Beer? Yes
I met my friend Glenn at La Casita Cantina for a margarita last night. Quite tasty. Then I noticed that Cancun on draft was $2 all weekend. Even tastier!

Upon leaving I saw that La Casita has a different alcohol special every day. This won't be good...

And now for some ideas stolen from LiveJournal...
Current Mood - so tired I just remembered to update this at 10:50am
Current Music - Sirius Satellite Radio, Channel 26 playing The Mooney Suzuki -- "Alive & Amplified"
Website Of The Day - This Week In Tech - The Podcast for those of us who miss TechTV.

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]