Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Baby It's Warm Outside

I am trying to get into the Christmas spirit! I am spinning "Christmas With The Rat Pack", and Vince Guaraldi Trio's "A Charlie Brown Christmas" CD's in the car (though not at the same time because that would just be lunacy) in an attempt to get me in the spirit. But it has not been working too well since the weather forecast is for high temperatures nearing 70 degrees! You'd think after living in Florida for thirteen years I would have detached Christmas from cold, but being a New Yorker at heart I think it should be cold now, even here in Atlanta.

Nerd Alert! Nerd Alert!
Last night my trivia team and I "stormed a new castle" -- Johnny's Pizza in Inman Park. It was actually kinda fun. The format of The Trivia Factory's game is different from that of Team Trivia's (our normal provider trivia provider), but the change in format along with cheaper beer and the opportunity to eat pizza made the night fun. It even seemed to dull the pain of finishing second by a mere point.

Tuesday's Toy
Today I am salivating over Delphi's MyFi portable satellite radio. This sweet little number would give me XM's satellite radio reception wherever the fuck I go! Although, being in the satellite television business I know that is not necessarily true. :) However, the downside of today's toy is the price -- $349 clams! That doesn't even include any service, for which I'd have to pony up another $10/month. Yikes! Maybe I'll wait until the rumored "iPod Satellite" which will combine the iPod world with the Sirius satellite radio world. Yeah, I know, it's far too good to be true...

Cheers!
Paulie [eatl/ga]