Sunday, November 28, 2004

Oh Bother

A few days late, could I have been in a turkey overdose?

Thursday morning 5:30am. I awakened to the sound of the wind whistling outside, and realized that the day would be much colder than earlier in the week. Normally, I couldn't care all that much except that today was the running of Atlanta's half and full marathons. Back in August it seemed like a great thing to do, hell it would get me training and losing the weight I so dearly wish to shed. Nope, didn't happen. :( Well, I have done the 13.1 mile run down Peachtree before, so I slipped into some tights and a long-sleeve shirt and made my way to the start. MAN was it ever fucking cold!!! However, I knew what had to be done, and managed to finish in a respectible time of 2 hours and 6 minutes. It was great to see my fellow hashers as well as some of my non running-for-the-love-of-beer friends weathering the blustery day when I reached the end.

Thirteen miles of running logged, it was off to my traditional Thanksgiving Day dinner and getting my ass kicked in Madden football at Andy & Stacey's. I simply love shoving great food in my face after a long run. Doing so may undo the "good" of the run, but it makes my insides warm and happy.

Now if I start training for next year.... nah!!

Cheers,
Paulie [eatl/ga]